QA Analyst (Contract)
San Francisco, CA
9 days ago
As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to “level up” our talent. We’re on the hunt for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
PERKS & BENEFITS
Unlimited Vacation, Paid Sick Days & Holidays*
100% Employee Covered Medical, Dental, Vision Plan Base Plan*
Life Insurance, 401k, Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefits & More*
Catered Lunches & Well-stocked Kitchens
Onsite Gym & Wellness Activities (Yoga & Zumba)*
*Only applies to full-time positions.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We're searching for an organized & disciplined QA Analyst with a strong passion for games and the desire to learn about mobile gaming development! You'll get the opportunity to work alongside industry veterans, while being embedded within the development team, collaborating with producers, engineers, artists, and designers to test and analyze our games. You will execute and define the testing approaches for QA and champion quality for all of our products!
- Become familiar with our game library.
- Work with Game Designers and stay up to date with live game content.
- Provide exceptional testing for game features, functionality and development tools.
- Work closely with members of Production and Development to align daily priorities.
- Create and maintain detailed test cases for features and fast-paced updates.
- Be the voice of quality by providing design feedback prior to integration from a technical and end-user perspective.
- Partner with Customer Support to identify and diagnose live game issues.
- Attend feature design meetings and create internal documentation.
- Familiarity with freemium social games.
- Knowledge of the Apple or Android family of mobile devices.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication skills that span varying development disciplines.
- Passion for learning new systems and technologies.
- Ability to meet responsibilities without constant supervision.
- Ability to identify risks and potential areas of concern with an appropriate sense of urgency.
- Adaptability within a high-velocity work environment.
- Must be detail oriented, well-organized and able to multi-task.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Passion for Gaming!
NICE TO HAVE
- Familiarity with bug tracking software (JIRA, Bugzilla, etc.).
- Familiarity with Xcode and Android SDK.
- Previous games industry experience in an embedded environment with an emphasis on mobile or social gaming platforms.
- Familiarity with GitHub or other development platforms.
- Experience with Agile development methodology.
- BA/BS in Game Design, Computer Science and/or related Experience.
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Chris DeWolfe, former MySpace co-founder and CEO, and COO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.