QA Analyst - Card Games
Irvine, CA, United States
6 days ago
“Solitaire?! Really?” Yes – really! We have amazing people, great benefits, and a healthy, sustainable culture, which has earned us both ‘Best Places To Work’ in the OC (’15, ’16,’17, and ‘18) and also a 4.6 rating on Glassdoor. And that’s before you consider that we make the 2nd most played iOS mobile game in the world.
Come help us bring joy to millions of players, every single day.
Want to know more about MobilityWare? Our mission is: “Bringing Joy to Others, One Game at a Time.” Along with that mission comes a deep belief that the strongest companies should always push themselves to grow. Each of us makes that happen by living our core values:
- Be Empowered
- Be Adaptable
- Do the Right Thing
- Own It
- Be Passionate
- Stay Hungry (for lifelong learning)
What's the Gig:
As a QA Analyst in the Cards Suite, you’ll be using your experience testing games to help your team deliver high quality mobile games on iOS and Android. As a member of the Card Suite you will support new features updates for some of the most successful games in the world including Solitaire & Spider Solitaire. You’ll be a team player who enjoys working closely with engineers, artists and game designers to deliver on our mission: Bringing joy to others, one game at a time.
This is a hands-on testing role that will be primarily focused on creating test cases, executing test plans, and reviewing test results of an external QA team You’ll also provide qualitative feedback on features during early design stages, with an emphasis on the end user experience, quality, and testability. You are the keeper of the player experience who must be able to communicate effectively with team members to reach product milestones.
- Analyze features sets and identify test opportunities early in design process
- Test case execution, regression, as well as exploratory and ad-hoc testing of newly implemented feature
- Collaborate daily with members of Production and Development
- Develop working knowledge of individual systems in play within the game experience
- Influence the prioritization of issues in bug database to expedite bug-fixing efforts
- Provide qualitative feedback on features during early design stages, with an emphasis on the end user experience, quality, and testability
- Be the voice of quality for the product
- 2+ years of game industry experience in a QA Analyst role.
- Proficient in test case writing tools.
- Practiced in test plan writing.
- Capable of managing own time.
- Time-boxing investigations.
- Prioritization of tasks.
- Able to effectively collaborate with the development team.
Why you should work for us:
- Amazing culture - we do what we say we are going to do, we're honest, we're nice, we're crazy smart, and we love to have a good time and all of this is true at every level of the organization.
- Awesome Perks: free lunch, free snacks, free soda, free coffee, free trip every Summer!
- Casually awesome workplace - yes, flip flops and shorts are pretty much an everyday thing
- Growth, growth, growth - we are growing and we would love for you to join us on the ride
- We also want to take care of our team so we've got medical (100% paid option), dental (100% paid), vision (100% paid), OPEN PTO, life insurance (100% paid), and 401K