Python Web Developer
1 month ago
Wargaming is looking for a Python Web Developer to strengthen the World of Warships High-End Meta team in our brand-new Belgrade office.
High-End Meta team is responsible developing of Clans functionality, in-game shops, various monetization and meta-mechanics implementation, core services and internal operational tools.
In our work, we follow development best practices and set challenging goals while not forgetting about quality and not afraid to experiment.
Our main stack is Python (Fastapi, Django) on the backend and typescript (react, svelte) on the frontend.
What will you do?
- Design, develop and maintain various web services and features from the team's domains;
- Write unit tests, write documentation, refactor existing code to keep it simple and maintainable;
- Participate in code and technical documentation reviews;
- Work on the inner source projects and R&D activities, contribute to the overall development culture;
- Work closely with game and product designers and QA engineers, communicate with other teams and departments.
What are we looking for?
- 3+ years of experience with Python (sync and async);
- Capability to develop web service from scratch;
- Experience with relational databases (we use PostgreSQL);
- Understanding how to deploy and maintain a web-service in a production, DevOps practices;
- Understanding microservice architecture and services communication methods.
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Full-stack development experience (or willing to get it);
- Experience in developing high-load services;
- Hands-on experience with any of - Fastapi, Django, Docker, k8s, Redis, Prometheus, Grafana, RabbitMQ, Kafka;
- Familiarity with Linux and its basic commands, ability to write makefiles and bash scripts
- Practice with other languages - Golang, Node.js.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Operating since 1998, Wargaming has become one of the leaders in the gaming industry with 15 offices worldwide, including studios in Chicago, Prague, Shanghai, Tokyo, and Vilnius. Our diverse and multicultural team works together to deliver a top-class experience to millions of players who enjoy Wargaming's titles across all major gaming platforms. Our flagship products include free-to-play hits World of Tanks, World of Warships and World of Tanks Blitz.