This job might no longer be available.
Python Developer – Production Tools [Avatar Project]
Malmö Skåne County se
6 months ago
We are looking for a person who like to improve design workflows and production tools for our developers. Your primary focus will be designing, implementing, maintaining and supporting our various production tools, empowering our developers to create ambitious AAA games. We believe that you enjoy and value conversations with your colleagues and know how important such conversations are to a successful delivery. This is a perfect role if you like to translate and automate workflows into intuitive, effective, and elegant tools. The main tools you will be working with are Shotgun, Jira, Confluence, our in-house engine Snowdrop and Perforce, but also other 3rd party and in-house developed tools.
As a Python Developer, you'll collaborate with our diverse team of programmers, data managers, designers, artists, testers and producers to craft high quality, scalable solutions where both user experience and performance is considered. You will also work with training the team to adopt the tools. You will have specialists to support you, but it’s important that you feel confident presenting the latest designs and updates.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager / cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job-ad is posted.
- Integrating and improving tools, working mainly with Python but also with other languages when needed (see below).
- Driving the development and support of new production tools and pipelines, getting input from developers and management, in order to find solutions to their problems.
- Working with tools developers that are distributed all over the world for support and input to the development.
You as a person
You are a strong communicator and easily get your point across. You love sharing your insights with people and get others inspired. You enjoy collaborating with people from different disciplines and to understand what would improve their workflow. It’s also important that you are driven to find new technical solutions and have an analytic mindset. Additionally, we’re looking for someone with experience within the following areas:
- 2+ years professional experience working with Python.
- Experience in REST and working with API's.
- Professional experience building and maintaining user interfaces, designing efficient systems, debugging and problem solving.
- Experience developing for the web
- Knowledge in using Shotgun in production.
- Experience integrating tools for developer tools like Perforce, Maya, 3dsMax, Houdini, etc.
- Experience designing and building pipelines for games, movie productions or similar.
Longing to be part of a fun, creative and passionate workplace? We can offer you this and more in an open and friendly environment where you will work with some of the best craftsmen in the industry. Are you up for it? Come aboard for the ride!
Massive Entertainment is a premier producer of games and interactive entertainment for the global market. The studio is located in Malmö, Sweden and fully owned by Ubisoft Entertainment, the world’s third largest independent video game publisher. We are more than 650 people from 45+ different countries working together to produce major titles such as World in Conflict, Far Cry 3, Tom Clancy’s The Division and our latest Avatar Project.
We value diversity at Massive and promote a family-friendly culture and a gender-balanced work environment, where equal opportunities play a meaningful role in the day-to-day operations of our studio.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create experiences and brands people will fall in love with.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.