Purchasing Associate (9-month fixed term)
The Pokémon Company International
Bellevue US-WA US
13 days ago
Summary Of The Role
This position will assist the Senior Purchasing Associate to create and communicate Purchase Orders for the UK and US offices. The Purchasing Associate will receive Purchase Order Requests and/or revisions internally, verify corresponding documentation and Approvals, and create the PO in Dynamics AX utilizing general ledger coding provided and budget information.
While the primary focus is for Purchase Order creation, distribution, status follow-up and closure; the position may also assist Accounts Payable with invoice processing.
What You Will Do
- Review all incoming Purchase Order Requests and ensure proper approvals are obtained
- Partner with the financial planning group to confirm general ledger coding and budget information
- Communicate with Purchase Order business requestors on status of their requests
- Monitor Purchase Order statuses to review any action necessary related to over/shorts, receipt of goods entry, goods not received, PO closure, etc.
- Assist Senior Purchasing Associate with process improvements to increase efficiencies company-wide
- Assist Accounts Payable, code invoices and payments utilizing internal department budgets and basic accounting principles
- Other projects as requested
What You Will Bring
- Basic accounting principles including knowledge of general ledger
- Experience with international transactions and currencies
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Skilled in the follow-through of multiple assigned tasks and projects
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and collaboratively
- Excellent communication and customer service skills (verbal, written)
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
How You Will Be Successful
Communication: You have impeccable written and verbal communication with ability to translate technical information in a non-technical format.
Bias for Action: You have an eagerness to take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You work to resolve requests and incidents with a high sense of urgency and ownership.
Great people skills: You know the “how” is as important as the “what” and you aim to build effective relationships across the organizations, as well as externally with 3rd parties. You are mindful of diverse perspectives and engage clients in a professional manner.
Passion and Pride in your work: You love what you do and how you can add value to your clients; You ensure consistency and quality of your work and take a methodical approach to troubleshooting and resolution.
Logical and analytical: You’re able to distill and synthesize complex ideas into concise, meaningful information to clients. You’re adept at prioritization and project management with attentiveness to detail and consistent follow through.
Growth mindset: You thrive in a dynamic and fluid environment because you are a self-starter who is eager to learn, grow and build something great together; building and enhancing programs appeals to you. You have a desire to stay current on technology trends and Information Technology concepts.
What to Expect
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives.
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.