This job might no longer be available.
Purchase Ledger Assistant
27 days ago
Sumo Group is one of the largest suppliers of end-to-end creative development services to the video games and entertainment industries. Comprising of veteran video game studios, an agile publishing team and an award-winning creative services studio, Sumo Group teams are delivering on ground-breaking projects across the globe.
Sumo Group currently employs over 1,500 talented team members across 18 studios in the UK, Poland, North America and India. In the UK, Sumo Group received the top level of accreditation from Best Companies in 2021, receiving a 3* World Class Award and listed as one of the Best Large Companies to Work for within the UK.
With a reputation for developing deep relationships with some of the world’s largest video game publishers, developers, platform manufacturers and entertainment brands, Sumo Group is dedicated to growing a sustainable business that provides security for its people, whilst delivering a first-class experience to partners and players.
There are opportunities to join the central Sumo Group team across multiple disciplines including HR, Finance, Marketing, IT and Recruitment, with industry-leading benefits and a flexible working environment.
Day in the life of a Purchase Ledger Assistant.
Reporting into the Purchase Ledger Supervisor, you will be tasked with ensuring the accuracy and integrity of Sumo’s expenditure processes, including purchase ledger, credit cards and business travel and expenses. The successful candidate will provide financial, administrative, and clerical support within the Accounts Payable team. We are looking for a Polish speaker for this role, to help support transaction processing for our development studio based in Poland as well as the wider group.
This is a hybrid role based in our Sheffield office, with a minimum of 2 days required in the office.
To be considered for this role you need to be fluent in Polish.
In your new role you will:
- Provide transaction processing support for our Poland studio, supporting the Poland financial controller on any queries or analysis
- Be responsible for processing all invoices and credit notes for the whole group
- Liaise with internal departments regarding any queries
- Liaise with suppliers regarding any queries
- Complete supplier statement reconciliations
- Facilitate new supplier set ups and due diligence checks
- Complete month end checks to meet invoice processing deadline
- Process staff expenses / interview expenses / relocation expenses
- Maintain historical records (i.e. updating and/or filing documents)
- Act as cover to Purchase Ledger Supervisor to complete payment reports, bank runs and payment allocations when required
To be successful you will have
- Previous experience working as a Purchase Ledger
- Experience working in a fast-paced working environment with changing priorities
- The ability to prioritise and manage a varied workload
- Strong MS Office skills
- Experience using accountancy/software systems
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- The ability to communicate with others effectively and confidently
- Strong record keeping skills
- The ability to handle confidential information
What we offer:
. Defined Annual Bonus Scheme
. ULEV car scheme
. Monthly allowance to spend on enhancing benefits
. Salary Sacrifice Pension
. Flexible Working
. 21 days free-use holiday
+ your birthday off
+ 5 learning days including 1 volunteer day
+ a duvet day
+ Christmas shutdown from Christmas Eve to New Year
+ Bank Holidays
+ extra allowance accrued for longer service
. Free dental insurance
. Life Assurance 4x Salary
. Income Protection of 75% for 5 years
. Enhanced Mat/Paternity & Adoption pay
. Employee Assistance Programme:
. Help at Hand - Remote GP, Mental Health & Physio appointments
. Free financial & home buying support consultations
. Cycle to Work Scheme
. Payroll Giving Scheme
. Access to 4,000 Udemy Courses
. Career Development Pathway
. Wrap Parties.
. Project Completion Awards
. Game/Creative Jams
. Big Family Events
. Studio social activities, e.g. running, board games, film, yoga, life drawing…
. Prism – Sumo’s employee diversity focus group
. Free fruit and drinks in our studios
. Employee Referral Bonus
Where do we stand on diversity?
At Sumo, we want to enable everyone to bring their full, authentic selves to work every single day. We acknowledge that the games industry is far from perfect and a global organisation with people all over the world, from all kinds of backgrounds, and know that it’s part of our duty to provide everyone at Sumo with a safe, accepting and affirming working environment.
We encourage and welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
More about Sumo Group:
Sumo Group is proudly founded on the pillars of Family, Security, Trust and Collaboration, and upon joining, our team members become part of a growing family of operating businesses around the world who strive to achieve wonder together.
Within the Sumo Group umbrella sits a myriad of outstanding studios and brands, including: Sumo Digital (and all subsidiary studios including The Chinese Room, Lab42 Games, PixelAnt, Red Kite Games, Atomhawk and Timbre), Secret Mode, and Auroch Digital.
Built on creativity and imagination, our staff are some of the most talented minds in the industry. We respect our colleagues, support innovation, show determination in achieving goals, take accountability for our actions, celebrate excellence and – above all – we have fun whilst doing so.
Recent releases and projects from Sumo Group businesses include: BAFTA-Award winning Sackboy: A Big Adventure, Apple Design Award winner Little Orpheus, Hood: Outlaws & Legends, Rival Peak, Hot Shot Racing, WST Snooker and Spyder.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.