Publishing QA Manager
Roswell, Georgia, United States
8 days ago
Tripwire Interactive is looking for talented, dedicated, and passionate individuals to join the Tripwire Presents Publishing Division; a games publishing label that aims to find the best and brightest independent developers, provide them with mentorship and resources, and turn their unique vision into reality! With key titles like Espire 1: VR Operative and the upcoming Chivalry 2 , Tripwire Presents has positioned itself as a leading Independent Publisher that brings innovative, one of a kind experiences to players. Come join the team and help shape the future of what Tripwire Presents is and can be.
At Tripwire, we pride ourselves in our ability to move to the beat of our own drum. Our existence as an independent studio and publisher means we are able to develop games on a schedule that reassesses what has become the status quo in the industry as a whole. We’re located in Roswell, GA just north of Atlanta; where cost of living is relatively low and opportunities are high. So if you’re looking to work in an environment that changes the game in more ways than one, look no further than Tripwire.
*Note: During this unprecedented time, we are looking for individuals who are able and willing to work from home until all restrictions have been lifted in relation to COVID-19. At such time, the preference is for this to be an on site position.
- Oversees all QA work groups and QA efforts on titles published by Tripwire Presents. Sets the quality bar for titles published by Tripwire Presents.
- Acts as point of contact for QA outsource partners working with Tripwire Presents and provides those partners with tasking, direction, and feedback. Evaluates and chooses the correct outsource partner for each project and explores new partnerships with outsource vendors.
- Acts as QA point of contact for development partners and their QA teams, coordinating QA efforts, providing guidance and best practices for developer QA teams, and establishing consistent processes with all development partners. Ultimately, signs off on all releases for games published by Tripwire Presents.
- Projects QA needs and outlines test strategies for published titles. Outlines, executes, and audits a test strategy that covers all features for a given game. Estimates how many internal and outsourced testers would be required to execute the test strategy. Directs internal and external test teams in their execution of the test strategy. Provides cost estimates for project stakeholders for QA coverage on project milestones.
- Investigates, compares, implements, and develops best practices of QA tools for bug/issue tracking, test case management, community bug reporting, automated test tools, etc.
- Works with Product Owners, Directors, Leads, Producers, Seniors and AP’s to make sure important milestone dates are hit and that our quality bar is met. Escalates potential blockers or risk items to Product Owners or Directors and is in constant communication with other leads via daily stand ups, triage meetings, and status reporting.
- Sends out daily reports for their work group to project stakeholders and QA management, calling out high priority issues, summarizing QA focus for the day, and generally reporting on the health of the build or project.
Objectives of position:
- Make sure all titles published have adequate QA coverage and resources, even if the development partner has no existing QA infrastructure, and assuring published releases meet our stringent quality standards, contributing to the studio goal of changing the traditional publisher/developer relationship in the game industry.
- Share our QA expertise and process with development partners, increasing the value proposition of utilizing Tripwire as a publishing partner.
- Establish Tripwire as a quality-minded Developer/Publisher, improving the recognition of the Tripwire as a competitive AAA Developer and Publisher
- Make sure all titles maintain quality in their post-release update life cycle and remain viable as revenue streams for Tripwire.
- Focuses entirely on our published titles, allowing internal QA bandwidth and leadership mindshare to be entirely dedicated to our internally developed titles.
- 5+ years of experience as a manager or lead of a quality assurance team for PC and console games.
- Demonstrated experience managing both internal and outsourced QA teams, including test planning, resource management, and personnel development.
- Proficient in JIRA or other bug tracking tools, along with proficiency in Zephyr, Test Rail, or a similar test case management tool, including the ability to generate meaningful reports and analyze project data trends.
- Comfortable working alongside development teams and QA teams in global cross functional environments.
- Adaptable, able to engage with and manage multiple projects simultaneously with maintaining a high level of professional excellence.
- Strong knowledge of game development pipelines, schedule planning, and QA’s role in those pipelines.
- QA experience in all phases of software development, from prototyping to live operations support of a released product.
- Hands-on experience with 1st party submission for one or more current generation consoles (Microsoft XBox One, Playstation 4, and/or Nintendo Switch).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including remote team meetings via teleconference.
- Experience evaluating potential outsourced QA partners and maintaining relationships with existing outsource partners.
- Profit Share
- Medical, Dental, & Vision 100% of premiums for the family covered by Tripwire
- Up to 30 days of PTO
- 16 paid Holidays
- Short Term Disability & Long-Term Disability
- 401k Match
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Hours
- Employee & Family Team Building Events
- Volunteer Days