This job might no longer be available.
Publishing Operations Lead, SEA
Los Angeles, California, United States
6 months ago
In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to worldwide acclaim. The game has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world. Whether you're in Ho Chi Minh City, Rio or Moscow, you can find an excited and engaged community of League players. Delivering content to our diverse region while also charting the future of Riot by launching new games in growth markets, is what makes work on the Southeast Asia (SEA) team so dynamic.
The Publishing Operations Lead on the SEA team is based in our LAX headquarters and reports to the Head of Growth and Launch. You will connect our central resources to regional needs, ensuring our games are published in the region SEA. The role will manage a team handling a variety of operational tasks, including content ops and managing the daily relationships with our publishing partners across SEA, Taiwan and Hong Kong.
The Publishing Operations Lead will combine project management with the negotiation skills necessary to manage a variety of partners. You will track product timelines and ensure all components necessary to publish a game are delivered for every milestone. The Publishing Operations Lead will help make sure players enjoy engaging experiences that create enduring relationships with Riot.
- Oversee the publishing operations process for SEA, which includes managing our self-publishing territories, and external publishing partners.
- Develop the process to traffic content from games teams to the local SEA team/publishers, including overseeing asset management.
- Analyze multiple solutions to problems and implement a structured approach to publishing in SEA.
- Work with product managers and product teams on launch milestone planning.
- Ensure adherence to a globally cohesive publishing calendar.
- Create communication channels to ensure transparency and understanding throughout the product launch and lifecycle, keeping several partners consulted and informed.
- Lead publishing decision-making that prioritize the player experience and negotiate the best outcome for players in the SEA region.
- Manage a team of approximately four direct reports in Publishing Operations roles.
- 5 or more years of experience in Publishing Operations at a video game or mobile game publisher.
- Experience working on the launch of multiple games on a variety of platforms, including an understanding of publishing and submissions requirements, such as localization, content management and age ratings.
- Management experience building a team of direct reports.
- Experience working with a content management system or project management tool.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with teams across borders, time zones or desks.
- Understand how successful publishing impacts players and how different strategic options for bringing a game to market directly promote product reception.
- Comfort with ambiguity and working with shifting timelines.
- Experience working across Southeast Asia, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macau markets, including an understanding of nuances in each territory.
- Experience working with first party partners (Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, iOS, Android).
- Command of one or more relevant languages preferred (Mandarin, Vietnamese, Bahasa Indonesia/Malay, Thai, Tagalog, etc.).
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave , plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.