15 days ago
Kwalee is one of the world’s leading multiplatform game publishers and developers, with a growing PC and Console department of incredible pedigree that is on the hunt for great new titles to join Die by the Blade, Scathe, Wildmender and Robobeat. This role would be in our PC and Console department (PCC) with responsibility for global activity.
We have a team of talented people collaborating daily between our studios in Leamington Spa, Bangalore and Beijing, or on a remote basis from Turkey, Brazil, the Philippines and many more places, and we've recently acquired our first external studio, TicTales which is based in France. We have a truly global team making games for a global audience. And it’s paying off: Kwalee has recently been recognised with the Best Large Studio and Best Leadership awards from TIGA (The Independent Game Developers’ Association).
Founded in 2011 by David Darling CBE, a key architect of the UK games industry who previously co-founded and led Codemasters for many years, our team also includes veterans such as ex-developers Andrew Graham (Micro Machines) and Jason Falcus (NBA Jam) and publishing executive Max Everingham, alongside a growing and diverse team of global gaming experts. Everyone contributes creatively to Kwalee’s success, with all employees eligible to pitch their own game ideas on Creative Wednesdays, and we’re proud to have built our success on this inclusive principle. Could your idea be the next global hit?
What’s the job?
The Publishing Evangelist role would work across business development, scouting and games PR and is ideal for someone wanting to get into the games industry who would be willing to ‘wear many hats’ and turn their hand to a variety of tasks for the PCC dept, but primarily building a regional network of contacts amongst game media, influencers, developers and other potential business partners.
As such, your remit would cover business development, PR and assistance to the scouting team. You would be the regional point of contact for the PCC dept to facilitate contact with games media, gaming influencers and teams, game developers and game event organisers. #
Depending on your professional development and success, your path to promotion might be in the scouting team, influencer & media team or sales/business development team.
What you tell your friends you do
“I’m the person on the ground, finding and recruiting games media, influencers and the best PC and Console developer talent around to the Kwalee cause!”
What you will really be doing
- Using a range of methods - including employing your knowledge of the games industry - to establish a regional network of gaming contacts in the media, developer and business segments;
- Identifying and getting involved with local events to expand your developer network, proactively identify PC and Console game developers and studios, present Kwalee's upcoming releases, and grow Kwalee's influence.
- Developing relationships with current and prospective external partners to ensure commercially successful partnerships are fostered.
- Employing your rapport building skills to demonstrate and promote Kwalee’s games to games media, influencers and other interested parties in the region.
- Following up on leads provided by the Scouting and other PCC teams.
- Acting as an evangelist for PCC games and all aspects of Kwalee’s PCC dept work.
- (if applicable) translating press releases and other materials in/out of regional languages.
How you will be doing this
- You’ll be part of an agile, multidisciplinary and creative team and work closely with them to ensure the best results.
- You'll think creatively and be motivated by challenges and constantly striving for the best.
- You’ll work with cutting edge technology, if you need software or hardware to get the job done efficiently, you will get it. We even have a robot!
Our talented teams are our signature. We have a highly creative atmosphere with more than 200 staff where you’ll have the opportunity to contribute daily to important decisions. You’ll work within an extremely experienced, passionate and diverse company, including industry veterans David Darling and Jason Falcus (developers) and Max Everingham (publishing).
Skills and Requirement
- Strong interest in gaming and some knowledge of the PC & console market with a particular focus on the indie space and an eclectic personal taste in games;
- Experience (or willingness) in finding, attracting and developing commercially successful partnerships;
- Proven ability to work autonomously and proactively with a strong work ethic, positive attitude and willingness to learn;
- Strong communication and rapport-building skills.
- Willingness to travel quite extensively.
We firmly believe in creativity and innovation and that a fundamental requirement for a successful and happy company is having the right mix of individuals. With the right people in the right environment anything and everything is possible.
Kwalee makes games to bring people, their stories, and their interests together. As an employer, we’re dedicated to making sure that everyone can thrive within our team by welcoming and supporting people of all ages, races, colours, beliefs, sexual orientations, genders and circumstances. With the inclusion of diverse voices in our teams, we bring plenty to the table that’s fresh, fun and exciting; it makes for a better environment and helps us to create better games for everyone! This is how we move forward as a company – because these voices are the difference that make all the difference.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.