Public Relations Strategist (Corporate Communications)
3 days ago
The corporate communications team shapes Riot’s global identity and reputation with players, future Rioters, partners, governments, and more. Our team functions include public relations, government affairs, executive visibility, recruiting social media, riotgames.com editorial content, and more. We partner with teams across Riot to showcase what makes Riot special and why we strive to deliver for players every day. We love telling stories, but we also help explain Riot to people who don't understand the industry and games quite as much as we do.
As Riot Games' Public Relations Strategist (Corporate Communications), reporting to the Manager, Public Relations, you'll implement strategies and support programs to raise the profile of Riot's leadership team, founders, and other high-profile Rioters (including Rioters who are high-profile but aren't yet!). Over time, you'll help establish these Rioters as industry-leaders and cement our founders' place as essential gaming figures of the 21st century. You'll help create stories that demonstrate Rioters' commitment to our mission, show our understanding of players, and showcase Rioters as players themselves in compelling, creative ways.
- Manage daily communications logistics and drumbeat activities
- Develop external communications activities and deliverables, including speaking engagements, media plans and outreach, and expertise POVs
- Identify and mine for compelling and novel stories around the organization and across the industry and translating that into external content, stories and media opportunities
- Craft talking points, abstracts and messages from stories gathered around the organization
- Work with the team to implement integrated communications programs that embrace all areas of communications, including branding, reputation, media relations, social media and crisis/emergent issues
- Collaborate across teams and expertise areas to influence the best thinking and approaches to important partners
- Update and adapt communications tactics and recommendations based on partner needs and changes in priorities
- Conduct secondary research and gather insights relative to programs, which may include applying Cision and Sprinklr to understand conversation drivers and trends
- Develop high-quality written materials, including press releases, pitch letters, background materials, planning docs, amplification plans that are channel agnostic, and executive communications
- Monitor and report around campaigns and launches
- Manage project timelines
- 3+ years of experience in public relations, journalism or a similar field
- Experience developing high-quality written materials, including communications plans and media communications
- Experience building communications programs and ability to work with diverse partners and senior leadership
- Experience working with executives or supporting executive communications programs
- Experience incorporating social and digital media into integrated communications strategies
- Prior corporate work experience
- Bachelor's Degree in strategic communications, journalism, public relations, marketing, or a related field
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).