Public Relations Manager
Culver City, CA
9 days ago
As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to “level up” our talent. We’re on the hunt for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
PERKS & BENEFITS
Unlimited Vacation, Paid Sick Days & Holidays
100% Employee Covered Medical, Dental, Vision Plan Base Plan
Life Insurance, 401k, Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefits & More
Catered Lunches & Well-stocked Kitchens
Yoga & Wellness Activities
- Play a central role in brand visibility initiatives and communications plans that position Jam City as a leader in mobile entertainment
- Oversee external communications for marquee game titles and drive PR activities for launches and events
- Draft materials including press releases, pitches, fact sheets, messaging documents and talking points
- Own press relationships and proactively engage with media across trade, business and consumer-facing publications
- Source, organize and oversee assets that will be used to feature Jam City and our properties in print, digital and broadcast outlets
- Create innovative press kits and promotional materials to drive interest in brand profiles
- Manage the media library, monitoring services, various PR trackers
- Assist with research projects
- Liaise with games teams, executives, and key stakeholders to bring projects to life
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 4 years of experience in PR/Communications
- Previous experience in the television / media industry
- Publicity experience in gaming, tech or entertainment is strongly preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong media contacts amongst gaming, business, entertainment and tech press
- Entrepreneurial, go-getter attitude and commitment to getting things done
- Ability to prioritize and juggle numerous projects and deadlines within an extremely fast paced and high volume environment
- Exhibit strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Able to create a strong narrative and tell a good story
- Strong presentation and visual skills
- Creative idea generator, who is committed to excellence, builds strong relationships, is passionate, hardworking and humble
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Chris DeWolfe, former MySpace co-founder and CEO, and COO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.