Public Policy Associate (Contract)
8 days ago
Twitch is the world’s biggest live streaming service, with global communities built around gaming, entertainment, music, sports, cooking, and more. It’s where millions of people come together to chat, interact, and make their own entertainment.
We’re about community, inside and out. You’ll find coworkers who are eager to team up, collaborate, and smash (or elegantly solve) problems together. We’re on a quest to empower live communities, so if this sounds good to you, see what we’re up to on LinkedIn and Twitter , get interviewing tips on Instagram , and discover projects we’re solving on our Blog .
About the Position
As a public policy associate at Twitch, you will support the Public Policy Team to develop Twitch's position on key issues, research policy matters, develop advocacy plans for key regulations, and prepare for engagements with regulators. This role will also lead efforts to monitor regulatory developments around the globe, and work closely with internal, cross-functional stakeholders to ensure they are aware of the changes.
This is a global role. As such, we are open to a remote worker based in the UK, EU, APAC, or US. The role will report to the VP of Global Public Policy.
- Support Public Policy team to develop Twitch's position on key policy issues, research policy matters, and prepare for engagements with regulators
- Monitor relevant political and regulatory developments in key markets across the globe, provide initial relevance assessment, and ensure internal tracking systems are up-to-date
- Engage with external agency as necessary to stay on top of regulatory developments
- Ensure internal stakeholders are aware of regulatory developments and assist with preparation of a regular public policy internal newsletter
- Prepare initial draft and drive cross-functional stakeholder review for key transparency reports
- Relevant work experience, for instance in governments, consultancies, research orgs or industry associations
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Fluency in English
- Experience working on policy issues that affect digital media services or user-generated content
- Speaking / understanding more than one language
Location(s): Remote (EMEA), Remote ( APAC), Remote (East Coast)
Contract Length: 9 months
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.