Props Artist [Star Wars Project]
8 days ago
Your life at Ubi:
As a Props Artist at Ubisoft Bucharest, you will be working together with the team at Massive Entertainment to create a new story-driven open-world video game set in the Star Wars galaxy. Our goal is to create a game and a story that bring both new and lifelong fans on an immersive and outstanding journey, which will stay with them for years to come.
You will join the project's Art team, you will participate in the modeling of "props" and the creation of their textures according to the guidelines of the Lead Props Artist and / or the Artistic Director while respecting the artistic, technical and gameplay constraints.
Your main mission:
- The production of realistic and high-quality assets (object and textures) that meet the expectations of the Lead Props Artist and the Artistic Director.
- The integration of objects, textures in a game editor like Unreal, Unity ...
- Ensure the technical and artistic follow-up of the assets imported into the game and make the necessary modifications.
The professional value you bring:
- Control of constraints related to real-time geometry
- Mastery of realistic style
- Excellent knowledge of modeling tools such as 3DSMAX, Autodesk Maya, Blender, Zbrush (UV layouts, retopology)
- Mastery of the PBR Pipeline for the creation of textures (Substance Painter/Photoshop, baking tools)
- Model and texture realistic, modular, and hard-surface assets that meet the global art direction needs
- Work from photo reference and concepts during production of assets.
- Good understanding of balancing quality standards and game performance in a game engine
- Comfortable creating 4k resolution game assets
- Good artistic ability and observational skills
- Versatility, responsiveness, autonomy and initiative
- Ability to work in a team, good communication skills
- Open to feedback and adaptable
- Ability to work under constraints of quality and time
- Good understanding of game mechanics related to objects and environments
The personal value you bring:
- Excellent communication skills and strong work ethics;
- Ability to exercise good judgement and decision making;
- Proactive work manner;
What do we offer benefits wise?
- Meal tickets with the value of 20 RON/day
- Studio offered free days, confirmed on an annual basis for different events
- Bonus scheme based both on individual and company’s performance
- World Class Bronze free subscription
- Access to private medical system and special subscription rates for family members
- On site medical support
- Life insurance
- Specific financial support for different events in your life
- Study leave
- Christmas/ Easter celebration with a special gift
- Partners’ discounts
- Video games and consoles to borrow
- Access to Ubisoft games via own Uplay account
- Annual development opportunities and access to multiple career paths and technical certifications
- Access to specialized training and books on various related skills
- Opportunities for international mobility and assignments
- Wellbeing program (including physical fitness, mental health, financial education and internal communities)
- A great working environment, with an impressive place to work in our offices in Jiului 8
- In-house free French classes
- Hybrid work (from home/ from office)
- Bookster (borrow books for free, delivered at home or in the office)
- Free fruits and coffee in the office
- On-site cafeteria with special discounts
- Ubisoft bikes, free rental
- Parking spaces for cars, bikes, motorbikes
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Find us on Facebook, Instagram & LinkedIn, see how we do things, how we like to have fun and join us!
At Ubisoft Bucharest, we create games that reach millions of people worldwide. We’re working with top global Ubisoft studios on projects that shape the entertainment industry. From Assassin’s Creed and Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, to Watch Dogs, Just Dance and many others – join us in creating the next big titles in gaming.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.