Project Release Coordinator
Eight Pixels Square is looking for a Project Release Coordinator to hire in our vibrant Derby (UK) Games Development Studio . This is a full-time, permanent position; please apply only if you have the right to work in the UK.
What we’re looking for
You are a social, hard-working games-enthusiast who enjoys working in a team and is passionate and dedicated about their approach to work. We are looking for the right candidate to work with our production team to co-ordinate our game software releases and regular updates, from initial planning to releasing on the app stores.
More specifically, the role will require you to:
- Work with the Production Team to interpret designs & specs into actionable tasks
- Work with the development team to create and maintain development schedules as required
- Track, monitor, and update the status of project tasks and deliverables
- Develop & maintain release checklists for all releases to the app stores, ensuring all departments and responsible parties have completed/signed off on their respective parts
- Maintain the task database to ensure all task statuses are up-to-date and have the correct classification / priority
- In close collaboration with the software and team leads, coordinate the work of all developers ensuring delays are minimised
- Report any problems/ risks uncovered to the Project Manager Oversee schedules and help to enable regular releases
- Attend meetings & reviews, taking concise and comprehensive notes, and passing information to the team as required
- Document progress and holdups/deviations with detail on a weekly basis
- Liaise with relevant areas and groups (developers, Quality Assurance, Customer Support) within the company and the group as required
Required skills and experience:
- Self-motivated, with excellent organizational skills
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- A passion for games and what makes them great
- 3+ years of experience in a software development / co-ordinator role
- Experience managing software releases or a solid contribution to software change management
- Flexible approach with the ability to adapt with change
- Displaying Initiative and confidently communicating with the different stakeholders
Desirable but not essential :
- Agile software project management experience
- Experience of project task tracking tools e.g. Jira/ Clickup
- Familiarity with submitting apps (and subsequent updates) to the Apple & Google app stores.
- Strong technical background
About Eight Pixels Square
Part of the Miniclip group, Eight Pixels Square is a dynamic and cutting-edge games studio based in Derbyshire, on the edge of the stunning P eak D istrict national park.
Founded in 2012, Eight Pixels Square comprises of an elite team of veteran game developers. Over 50 million players worldwide enjoy Eight Pixels Square's catalogue of games across iOS and Android platforms. The studio’s focus is on creating engaging and high quality free-to-play games for mobile devices.
You will be working in our spacious office just outside Derby, with ample parking and convenient for public transport, working with enthusiasts and professionals from the games industry. We like to maintain a friendly and relaxed atmosphere, and our office comes with a pool table, table tennis, big screen with games consoles, fridge with complimentary drinks for all staff, fresh fruit & snacks delivered weekly, and regular team events.
In addition to a generous holiday allowance, we also have a fantastic benefits package, with B UPA medical cover, dental cash plan, cover for life insurance, pension plan and flexible working.
For more information, visit https://eightpixelssquare.com/
Miniclip is a global leader in digital games with a mission of unleashing the gamer in everyone. The company develops, publishes and distributes highly engaging games to an audience of 200 million monthly active users across mobile, social and online platforms.
Founded in 2001, the Company has successfully grown a huge organic global audience in over 195 countries and across six continents. Miniclip has a unique understanding of the digital games space and has developed a strong portfolio of over 60 high-quality mobile games, extensive worldwide distribution and an internationally recognised brand name. To date, Miniclip franchises including 8 Ball Pool™, Golf Battle™, Football Strike™ and Agar.io™ have generated more than 2 billion downloads.
In the past year, we have been delighted to welcome the teams from Playsport (famous for Motorsport Manager), Yakuto (creators of Darts of Fury), Masomo (home of Headball2) and Eight Pixels Square (developer of Sniper Strike) to the Miniclip family of companies.
For more information, visit http://corporate.miniclip.com