6 days ago
Who We Are
Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms, include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, problem solver and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, BioShock, Borderlands, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We are dedicated to diversity and inclusion, and want our community of candidates to reflect this commitment. We encourage all qualified applicants to explore our global positions.
2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
What We Need
Lead planning initiatives for projects and drive the execution of work efforts to develop quality software products following the creative vision of 2K Games. Be responsible for the project timeline and budget and collaborate closely with producers to manage project scope and ensure quality. Ensure process consistency across teams and be accountable for the relevancy and accuracy of project information.
What You Will Do
- Ensure standard operating processes and procedures are clearly defined, aligned, and followed across projects in the product development organization.
- Coach team members and implement standard methodologies in the usage of project management, documentation, and file-sharing tools and repositories.
- Create and manage team-level and project-level dashboards to help plan work efforts on the publishing side, and communicate project progress in a consistent and reliable manner.
- Generate and maintain Agile boards for the team’s projects, ensure tasks are created with sufficient detail, and make sure information is kept up to date and relevant.
- Facilitate sprint planning, task prioritization, backlog grooming/refinement, and retrospective/post-mortem sessions for projects.
- Ensure that date and dependency conflicts, project tasks that are at risk of becoming overdue, and other project timeline risks are resolved and addressed in a timely manner.
- Guarantee early identification and detailed understanding of project risks with defined and communicated contingency and mitigation plans.
- Templating and standardizing project tasks to support a repeatable process for organizing, planning, and implementing projects.
- Engage and actively participate in process improvement initiatives to increase efficiency, streamline work, and reduce waste.
What Will Make You a Great Fit
- 3+ years’ experience in project management or technical leadership in digital products or commercial software development
- Collaborative verbal and written, leadership, and time management skills
- Strong knowledge of Agile software development methodologies (Scrum/Kanban) and experience with their implementation
- Proficient with the Atlassian Suite (Jira/Confluence)
- Experience with the Google Suite (Docs/Sheets/Slides) for project documentation.
- Experience and high level of comfort with leading daily team standups and providing frequent status reports to all audience types.
- Agile/Scrum (CSM/CSPO) or PMP certification
- Game development experience with AAA products
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform their essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need a reasonable accommodation.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.