Project Manager, Video Editorial
2 months ago
Get to know The Pokémon Company International
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook (facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter (twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
Job Title: Project Manager, Video Editorial
Job Summary: This role will organize, manage logistics, budgeting, scheduling, resource planning and asset distribution for content projects (primarily video-driven) including partner onboarding, schedules, status communication / reporting and proactive problem solving.
FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
People Manager: No
What you’ll do
- Leads an interdepartmental team to complete an assigned project on time, to specifications, and with accuracy and efficiency.
- Outlines the tasks involved in the project and delegates accordingly.
- Creates and manages schedules for each project, ensures that the team stays on track.
- Collects and manages project feedback from multiple sources and stakeholders
- Manages language localization tasks of assigned projects
- Conducts cost analysis, estimating expected costs for the project.
- Prepares and implements a budget based on estimates.
- Conducts risk assessments; reports identified risks to management; provides recommendations for mitigation of risk.
- Addresses questions, concerns, and/or complaints throughout the project.
- Acts as a liaison between company, customers, and vendors.
- Communicates and collaborates with various teams to provide training and information to impacted parties.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, local, industry, contractual, and company regulations, standards, specifications, and best practices.
- Manage schedule and logistics communication for assigned projects
- Primary contact for scheduling and logistics matters on assigned projects
- Provide regular project status and project updates for assigned projects
- Weekly reporting to internal stakeholders on project status
- Regular asset distribution for review and delivery
- Develop formats that accurately track progress and are quickly digested by stakeholders
- Manage asset flow on assigned projects
- Manage asset storage and distribution for assigned projects across global internal teams and vendors
- Distribute assets for feedback and review within TPCi and externally to partners when needed
- Ensure asset receipt and delivery of production assets
- Manage asset guide creation.
- Work with Media Production and Legal teams to manage clearances and other legal matters
- Collaborate with Legal Team to ensure necessary rights for all show elements are cleared on an individual, regional basis.
- Assign scripts to internal and external localization teams for translation
- Manage localization tasks and schedules
- Manages necessary assets for localization of video projects
- Ensures localized versions of videos are properly reviewed
- Work with video team as well as external vendors to record voice over in multiple languages
- Assist in functional and cost assessment of vendors / project partners
- Create / manage and / or assist in the creation of Statements of Work and Purchase Orders for external partners and vendors for assigned projects
- Based on business requirements, obtain accurate estimates for work from vendors, reviewing and refining to develop highly accurate final quotes. Ensure that actual costs adhere to quotes.
- Assist in budget / financial tracking for assigned projects
- Work with Operations Producer to develop processes and procedures for asset security, storage and distribution
- Assist Media Production team in standardizing processes, file and asset management systems.
What you’ll bring
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of related professional experience.
- Experience with video development, production and post production – Animation experience a huge plus
- Experience with digital assets and video
- Experience with digital content and / or asset management
- Familiarity with television media, formats, technical terminology
- Some experience overseeing video localization into more than one language is preferred
- Experience with WorkFront, Wrike, or Excel is preferred
- Expereince with Microsoft Office, SharePoint and OneDrive
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Thorough understanding of or the ability to quickly learn about the project or product being developed.
- Strong producing / project management background
- Demonstrable time-management and project-management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to handle a variety of assignments, balance priorities and meet deadlines
- Team-oriented with ability to work independently
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of personalities
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud a plus
- Pokémon brand, games and animation familiarity a plus
How you’ll be successful
- Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans, and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships, adopting a “team first” mentality and working collaboratively to solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a unique Pokémon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection insurance
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
- Comprehensive relocation package
- Hybrid work environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable cases.
Internal Job Profile: Project Manager (IC3)
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.