Project Manager, UA & Distribution
6 months ago
Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, and meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, and books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly and 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $86 billion last year to $161 billion in 2025.
As the first publicly-traded (NYSE: SKLZ) mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry. The Skillz platform helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, and distributes millions in prizes each month.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross , Susan G. Komen , American Cancer Society , and NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of San Francisco Business Times’ Best Places to Work , Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies , Parity.org’s Best Companies for Women to Advance , a two-time winner of CNBC’s Disruptor 50 , one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups , and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000.
Who we're looking for:
You are a highly-organized, enthusiastic project manager with exceptional communication skills and a demonstrable talent for project management. The act of planning excites you; organization and efficiency make you squeal with glee. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, always follows-up, and enjoys working within a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
What You'll Do:
- Work with our media buying, creative, and distribution analytics specialists to enable effective planning, deployment, and optimization of new acquisition campaigns
- Organize/manage schedules and deliverables for our UA/Distribution team in support of our most successful titles on the Skillz platform
- Act as the key contact for the team and own comms/alignment between internal departments
- Ensure consistent end-to-end tracking on all active workstreams, drive clear visibility on blockers/considerations alongside proposed long & short term mitigations
- Contribute to the ongoing success of the Distribution team by maintaining a consistent strategy, execution, and analysis flow for new initiatives
- Develop processes, workflow refinements, and implement functional operating system improvements in support of enterprise scaling efforts
- Collaborate with teammates who care about building great products as much as you do
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- 2+ year of work experience in Project Management or Producer roles
- Four year degree (or a great reason why you don't have one)
- Familiarity with marketing, user acquisition, and analytics methodologies is a major plus.
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and execute within a high-pressure environment
- Adaptable to changing project requirements and business needs
- Capable of juggling multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to motivate, encourage, persuade, increase cooperation and reduce tension among team members
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Previous experience with Gantt charts, Atlassian, and other project management tools