Project Manager - Technical
London, England, United Kingdom
15 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognised as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
In Game Analytics, we work with some of the best game studios in the world -- responsible for developing some of the most recognisable and ambitious console games and franchises on PlayStation, including Uncharted, The Last of Us, Horizon, God of War, and Gran Turismo.
We provide end-to-end analytics services for PlayStation Studios and use data to help them make their amazing games even better. We are looking for talented people to join us in pushing the boundaries of game analytics for PlayStation games.
What you’ll be doing:
- Planning the team’s work and proactively monitoring its progress, resolving issues, and initiating appropriate corrective action.
- Overseeing, prioritising, and implementing project deliverables for scope, schedule, and quality
- Managing incremental delivery of high-quality capabilities through multiple Agile teams
- Identifying and understanding the project’s critical path activities, working with key stakeholders to identify and manage dependencies and interfaces.
- Producing and maintaining a roadmap to the future state.
- Producing reports as required to show progress against baseline, highlight risks, and articulate any mitigations
- Managing stakeholder communication
What we are looking for:
- Effective leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills
- The ability to command respect and to create a sense of community amongst the members of our Agile teams
- Good knowledge of techniques for planning, monitoring, and controlling projects.
- The ability to find ways of solving or pre-empting problems
- Experience as a technical project manager in an agile environment
- Experience working on projects that are rich in engineering and/or data complexity and volume
- Experience in using JIRA and Confluence
- Bonus points for having experience with modern console games
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- London Allowance (if applicable)
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.