This job might no longer be available.
Project Manager (Scrum Master)
Montreal QC ca
4 months ago
Ubisoft Montreal, an industry leading developer of video games, located in the heart of Montreal’s Mile-End, offers a unique environment where creativity, teamwork and cutting-edge technology bring to life critically acclaimed video games and iconic AAA franchises.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary people connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
The IT Department of Ubisoft is looking for an experienced and dedicated Project Manager (Scrum Master) to join our growing team. The focus will be on overseeing our software development team and working under the agile methodology. We are seeking a candidate who has leadership skills, critical thinking and a problem-solving attitude, and has proven a track-record of ensuring project milestones and deadlines are met.
The main responsibilities and routine tasks of the Project Manager (Scrum Master) are to:
- Guide and coach the Scrum team and organize the use of Agile/Scrum practices and values; supports and educates the Product Owner, especially with respect to refining and managing the product backlog;
- Follow up on the progress of the work (team/project/production support), provide guidance on project initiatives and communicate statuses to project stakeholders on a regular basis, ensuring adequate communication between project collaborators;
- Assist product owners and team leads in managing and maintaining product, sprint and issue backlogs;
- Facilitate Agile rituals efficiently and strictly;
- Ensure the quality of communications (frequency, adaptation based on the context and product, etc.);
- Regular reporting on the status of his / her projects. Escalate risks and scope projects when needed;
- Carry out proactive follow ups with clients and on mandates with the customers;
- Take part in the implementation of appropriate methodologies for effective project management that meet quality standards and deadlines;
- Define and apply best management methods and practices and take part in their development and implementation;
- Along with managers, determine the resources required by teams (availability, skills) and ensure knowledge transfer;
- Understand the workflow processes and the inter- and intra-departmental relations and collaborate with in-house partner services to orchestrate and facilitate the implementation of optimal solutions and/or improvement projects and workshops;
- Ensure and/or define process and system quality improvement by implementing best practices and/or relevant techniques;
- Close projects (report, post-mortem, etc.);
- Carry out all other related tasks.
- Worked on production projects using agile methodologies as Project Manager/Scrum Master.
- Understand fundamentals of iterative development.
- Good understanding of Software Development Lifecycle.
- Master agile software development technics – practice and teach others (Kanban, XP, Agile Scaling Frameworks - Scrum of Scrums, Less, SaFe).
- Understand the value of commitments to delivery made by a development team.
- Understand incremental delivery and the value of metrics (burndown metrics, velocity, lead time, cycle time).
- Good understanding of Agile Backlog management techniques (Story splitting, Story Mapping, ).
Nice to have:
- Proficient in Jira.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including presentation, meeting facilitation and team building techniques.
- Eficiency with time tracking and collaboration tools (e.g. Microsoft Project, JIRA Agile, SharePoint, Confluence).
- Understanding of game/security technology fundamentls (e.g. client/server architecture, network security protocols, game server deployment, etc…) and software deployment fundamentals (e.g. code review, build pipeline, test automation, etc…).
Essential Scrum Master Skills:
- Coaching – be able to guide the Scrum team, Product owner and the organization in living the Agile values & principles.
- Servant Leadership – empower the team; support them to deliver.
- Role modeling - personify Agility.
- Assertiveness – Be able to ensure Agile/Scrum concepts and principles are adhered to; be a voice of reason.
- Situation awareness – Be the first to notice differences and issues as they arise and elevate them to management.
- University degree in Project Management, Business or a related field.
- Seasoned Agile Practioner having run multiple Agile projects / programs. Certified Scrum master or PMI-ACP® preferred but not essential.
- Business oriented - Ability to interact with representatives from different sectors, use a pedagogical approach and communicate technical and business concepts to all types of audiences.
- Analytical and synthesizing skills.
- Ability to make decisions quickly in a constantly changing environment and demonstrate capacity for innovation.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to draft documents that are clear and well-structured.
- Have a keen sense of observation.
- Capacity to proceed with diligence and a high level of responsibility.
- Bilingualism (French-English);
- Ready to travel for work occasionally.
- After work calls necessary.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.