This job might no longer be available.
Project Manager, Pokémon Center Program Management
25 days ago
Get to know The Pokémon Company International
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook (facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter (twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
- Job Title: Project Manager
- Job Summary: This role will organize, manage, and deliver projects/programs for the organization.
- FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
- People Manager: No
The Pokémon Center Program Management division of The Pokémon Company International (TPCi) is the team that oversees development of products and support strategic initiatives for all TPCi Pokémon Center channels. All Pokémon Center products are created accurate and true to the rules and vision of the Pokémon brand while maintaining the highest level of quality possible. Pokémon Center is a rapidly expanding business that creates everything from collectible figures to custom apparel to home goods.
This position will be responsible for creating and managing product development schedules for Pokémon Center products. This position will work cross-functionally with internal partners, managing dependencies and ensuring that products are created and delivered in the designated timeline. The role will also support streamlining processes and developing tools for product planning and enhance reporting capability. Process management, accuracy, attention to detail, communication, critical thinking, and ability to build strong relationship are vital to this role. Exceptional organizational skills to juggle multiple projects, ability to solve problems and think analytically, and ability to work in a fast-paced rapidly evolving environment are also key.
What you’ll do
- Drive Pokémon Center product development project execution through creating and managing schedules, monitoring progress, managing dependencies, and proactively seeking and resolving blockers through effective escalation to stakeholders
- Work with Pokémon Center cross-functional teams (Merchandise Development, Approvals, Sourcing and Production, E-commerce, Design, Editing, Legal, and Logistics) to ensure products are created and delivered in designated timeline
- Operate in a neutral/fair position and cultivate a culture of openness and transparency to promote collaboration across cross functional teams to increase the likelihood of project success
- Support Pokémon Center cross-functional teams to evaluate existing processes and procedures, understand operational challenges, and identifies process gaps
- Make recommendations and drive continuous improvements to optimize processes and improve efficiency
- Support and manage strategic initiatives that requires cross-functional collaboration across the Pokémon Center business – e.g. Product Lifecyle Management, Worlds Championship, International Expansion
- Apply change management framework to guide people through changes for successful adoption and minimizes disruption
- Develop and maintain excel based tools and reporting/dashboards in Workfront
- Act as administer of Workfront project management software and team’s SharePoint libraries
What you’ll bring
- BA or BS degree
- Minimum 5-7 years of project Management experience preferably in the retail/entertainment industry.
- Knowledge and experience in product development or delivering physical products
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience managing complex multiple mid to large-sized projects, application development / implementation projects, including overall responsibility for schedule and solution delivery
- Thorough knowledge and experience and applying Waterfall project management techniques and best practices. PMP Certification or other project management certification is desired
- Proficiency in project management software/tools to manage projects and facilitate related communication, including and not limited to Workfront, Jira, Confluence, Excel, Word, MS Project, Visio, and PowerPoint
- Familiar with change management principles and methodology to encourage faster adoption of changes to business process and minimizing resistance to change
How you’ll be successful
- Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans, and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships, adopting a “team first” mentality and working collaboratively to solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a unique Pokémon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- Base salary range: $102,000.00 - $152,000.00. This range is applicable for the labor market where the role is intended to be hired. For this role, new hires generally start between $102,000.00 - $120,650.00. Final base salary is directly related to each candidates' qualifications and experience uniquely.
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection insurance
- US Employees: 401k Employer Matching
- UK/IRE Employees: Pension Employer Contributions
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
- Comprehensive relocation package
- Hybrid work environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable cases.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.