Project Manager - New Media Games
12 days ago
Job Posting TitleProject Manager - New Media Games
SummaryThe Digital Content organization is the fastest growing and most strategically forward-looking part of Aristocrat’s global business. We develop market leading social casino games for a variety of Mobile and PC platforms. We are moving into new markets and spinning up new products continually. Our market moves quickly so we need to adapt to stay ahead. This is an opportunity to work with a team of extremely highly skilled people from a wide range of backgrounds. We are all very proud of what we are building here and there is a huge potential for growth, experience, and leadership.
The Project Manager will be part of a multi-disciplined, highly technical team responsible for delivering the best in industry solutions. They must have excellent problem-solving skills as well have knowledge of Agile development practices including Scrum. This role will be responsible for executing the duties of a Scrum Master and removing obstacles that impede the team’s ability to deliver. The Project Manager will be working with global studios (including 3rd party studios), so they will be required to understand and deliver against a diverse set of business needs as well as providing their own feedback and inputs.
What you'll do
- Drives integrated teams to deliver technology solutions in support of key product initiatives by working closely with management, product owners, game designers, artists, engineers, and quality assurance.
- Works within and across business units to build and maintain schedules, considering dependencies across application, platform, and game development teams to ensure successful product release.
- Efficient resource planning and scheduling by managing priorities based on the timelines, resource loads and what-if analysis information for the successful completion of specific project goals and objective.
- Maintains dependency plan between planned sprints across engineering, internal partners, and third parties.
- Remove blockers, help the team increase velocity, promote continuous communication, and cross studio collaboration.
- Support the team by running daily stand-ups, schedule meetings, take notes and keep the team organized and on track, take a lead on retrospectives. Maintain Jira sprint and scrum boards.
- Manages, and appropriately escalates, delivery impediments, risks, issues, and changes tied to the product development initiatives.
- Communicate project performance through continual monitoring, evaluation, and reports.
- May perform hands-on reviews of product backlog and designs in addressing delivery impediments or product quality issues.
- Ensures deliverables across teams are high quality and clearly documented.
What we're looking for
- 4+ years of project management experience.
- Deep understanding of all aspects of software design with a demonstrated track record of increasing responsibility.
- Strong experience managing Agile, Scrum, or other rapid application development teams to deliver technology solutions that meet customer expectations for timeliness and quality.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; Ability to effectively communicate across third parties and technical and business product managers.
- Naturally analytical, you will have great planning and organizational skills and an ability to manage competing demands with attention to detail.
- You will be able to differentiate between a tech and non-tech audience, tailoring your approach to each and ensuring everyone is on the same page.
- Education: Bachelor's or master’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience, is preferred
- Experience with casino game development, mobile game development, and/or social game development, is preferred.
- Previous experience as a Software or Test engineer highly regarded.
- Experience with Atlassian’s product suite (JIRA and Confluence), Power BI, Smartsheet, MS Project Plan software.
- PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM, or equivalent preferred
- World Leader in Gaming Entertainment
- Robust benefits package
- Global career opportunities
- All about the Player
- Talent Unleashed
- Collective Brilliance
- Good Business Good Citizen
The US based roles may require registration with the Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB) and/or other gaming jurisdictions in which we operate.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.