Project Manager, Launch & Incubation
7 days ago
As a Launch & Incubation Project Manager on Trust & Safety, you will serve as a Trust & Safety domain expert and bridge between our engineering, operations, product, and policy teams during the launch of new features or policy updates. The highly dynamic and cross-functional position will be responsible for identifying and driving novel approaches to mitigate abuse in anticipation of a launch, for uncovering and course-correcting abuse that comes up after launch, and for working with our scaled operations team to bring a new workflow to maturity.
What you'll be doing
- Effectively communicate with the Trust & Safety team and all stakeholders to set priorities and strategy for mitigating abuse for new product features and policy launches.
- Maintain a range of existing approaches, and develop new approaches, to anticipate and mitigate abuse vectors for new launches and keep Discord safe at scale.
- Ensure a tight feedback loop between users and our product and policy teams, by monitoring user reports around new launches, and delivering insights and suggestions to relevant stakeholders.
- Work closely with our workforce strategy and scaled operations team, as well as cross-functional stakeholders, to transition a new workflow for supporting new products or policies into maturity.
What you should have
- 2-4+ years work experience in project and/or program management, strategy or related roles
- Strong experience working on product development and/or partnering with technical/engineering teams to launch new features
- Analytical backbone in the face of uncertainty––you’re comfortable building models and forecasting outcomes based on limited precedent
- Solutions-oriented mindset––you proactively overcome obstacles and keep projects moving forward
- A background in Trust & Safety work or a strong interest in online harm mitigation--you’ve seen how seemingly safe features are abused by bad actors, and understand tradeoffs and risk that come with launching new features
- Strong stakeholder management skills––you’re adept at improving processes you don’t directly own, and know how to leverage the skills of multiple disparate teams
- Experience in process mapping with tools (ex. Lucidchart)
- Demonstrated interest in safety and/or responsible innovation initiatives
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive medical insurance including Health, Dental and Vision (plus up to $20,000 for gender affirmation procedures)
- Mental health resources and quarterly wellness stipends
- 16 paid holidays, 4 weeks of PTO, use-what-you-need sick days and volunteer time off
- Paid parental leave (plus fertility, adoption and other family planning benefits)
- Generous stipends for headphones, your remote work setup, and lunch on a daily basis (while we’re all remote)
- Flexible long-term work options (remote and hybrid)
- A diverse slate of Employee Resource Groups
- Plus commuter contributions and other perks for office-based employees
Discord is a voice, video and text app that helps friends and communities come together to hang out and explore their interests — from artists and activists, to study groups, sneakerheads, plant parents, and more. With 150 million monthly users across 19 million active communities, called servers, Discord has grown to become one of the most popular communications services in the world. Discord was built without selling ads or user data and instead, offers a premium subscription called Nitro that gives users special perks like higher quality streams and fun customizations.
In a world of polarization, social curation, and loneliness, Discord is working toward an inclusive world where no one feels like an outsider. We believe in the value of genuine human connection, which can so easily be lost online. So we’re building a space where everyone can find belonging from the inside out. If this strikes a chord with you, come build belonging with us!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.