Project Manager (Intern)
Montreal QC ca
7 days ago
Ubisoft's IT (Information Technology) department is looking for a project manager (intern) capable of bringing his/her expertise to life within a dynamic team of gamers and new technology enthusiasts. The offer is intended for graduate students who are currently completing a master's degree in project management (or equivalent). If you are daring, motivated and not afraid to push your limits, we want to meet you!
The position is open within Hosting Service. This team is responsible for the infrastructure for Ubisoft supporting online games and centralized corporate systems (data centers, network, storage, virtualization, cloud).
As an IT Project Manager (intern), you will be responsible for IT projects such as new site implementations, technology migrations or process optimizations (hardware procurement, service delivery, etc.).
The work context will be international, with teams in Montreal, Paris, Shanghai and Singapore.
*** This internship starts in January 2021
The main and usual duties of this position are:
- Analyze the needs identified by the partners and their representatives;
- Establish project plans (scope, planning, costs, effort);
- Collaborate with the various technical teams to transform functional and business needs into technical and financial scenarios;
- In collaboration with procurement teams, consult and negotiate with suppliers;
- Monitor projects by tracking key performance indicators (time, costs, quality) and update project documents (Project Plan, Risk Register, etc.);
- Ensure communication within the project team, the department and to senior management.
- Master's degree in Project Management, or equivalent;
- Training in computer systems, computer science or equivalent experience, an asset.
- In-depth expertise of project management processes;
- Mastery of traditional project management methods (ie: Waterfall) and Agile methods (Scrum, Kanban);
- Mastery of common project management and/or collaboration tools (MS Office, MS Project, Jira, Confluence);
- Excellent communication in English and French (oral and written);
- IT knowledge is an asset.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management;
- Ability to make complex information accessible and understandable;
- Ability to evolve in a changing environment with shifting priorities;
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills;
- Ability to prioritize work tasks.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.