This job might no longer be available.
Project Manager - Finance and Strategy Operations
3 months ago
The Finance & Strategy organization is the set of teams that ensures Riot can invest in amazing experiences for players, use data to inform decisions, and learn from everything Riot does. Finance & Strategy Rioters work on each of Riot's departments, and the Finance & Strategy Operations team makes sure they are supported and connected in their work.
As a Project Manager on the Finance & Strategy Operations Team, you'll ensure the smooth functioning of the Finance & Strategy organization across Riot. You will focus on empowering the Finance & Strategy side of the organization, its operational projects, and supporting the CFO and Riot's financial and strategy leaders by managing collaboration opportunities.
By leading, and working on projects and rituals relating to operations you will help ensure that Riot can serve Rioters and players around the world. This will involve maintaining a portfolio of tools and services, facilitating and operating meetings, and executing on projects that support efforts around Riot. You'll collaborate with teams to help equip them with the right tools, approaches, vendor relationships, and access to data. You'll identify and pursue new opportunities that increase the efficiency of finance and strategy across the company. Working with the team's other project managers, the CFO, finance leadership, and the head of Strategic Advisory, you'll create and facilitate events, processes, and meetings that ensure strategic cohesion across the organization.
- Work with finance and strategy teams around Riot to identify capability gaps and remedy them directly or alongside partner teams (e.g., sourcing, infrastructure)
- Maintain access and vendor relationships for strategy & finance tools
- Design and run internal collaboration and communication rituals (e.g., strategy review, financial goal review, finance system stakeholder meetings)
- Design and run internal events (e.g., town halls, knowledge shares) and cross- Riot communication efforts (e.g., monthly finance discipline newsletter)
- Delivery lead projects that relate to capability development, communication/collaboration rituals, aligning the efforts of contributors across the organization
- Support the CFO and Finance Leadership Team alongside the operations team by balancing ongoing rituals vs. emergent opportunities and assisting the CFO & Leadership Team with finding time for & prioritizing important meetings by coordinating with other operations teams & executive assistants (expected to be between 5 to 10% of role)
- Participate in the ongoing prioritization and strategy development of the finance & strategy operations team, identifying relevant opportunities and prioritizing them against each other
- Support discipline learning & development activities by coordinating ongoing sessions for finance craft areas
- 3+ years of experience managing projects and directly or indirectly managing other team members
- 3+ years of experience working with vendors, budgets, contracts, and/or service level agreements with other teams
- Experience across the full project lifecycle (developing a plan, requirements gathering, project implementation, managing deadlines, reporting)
- Ability to align team members on a solution
- Experience in working with technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience with enterprise software systems
- Experience writing and delivering departmental communications
- Experience designing systems for information sharing across organizations
- Experience supporting a Finance or Strategy organization
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code . Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming .
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.