Project Manager, English Language Learning
12 days ago
Age of Learning is a leading education technology innovator based in Glendale, California, with a talented team of more than 600 individuals comprised of nationally-renowned educators, curriculum experts, developers, artists, writers, designers, engineers, producers, product managers, analysts and marketing experts! Together we develop engaging, effective digital learning technology and content to help children build a strong academic foundation for lifelong success.
Our flagship product ABCmouse.com
Early Learning Academy ® is a comprehensive online curriculum and the #1 digital learning product for young children. To-date, more than 30 million children worldwide have completed over 8 billion Learning Activities on ABCmouse. We recently launched Adventure Academy, the first massively multiplayer online (MMO) game designed specifically to help elementary- and middle-school-aged children learn. It features thousands of engaging Learning Activities—including minigames, books, original animated and live action series, and more—in a fun and safe virtual world. Other Age of Learning programs include immersive English language learning products for children in China and Japan; ReadingIQ, a digital library and literacy platform; and a groundbreaking personalized, adaptive digital learning system that individualizes math instruction for every child through AI-driven technology.
We are committed to helping all children succeed. We provide our educational programs at no cost to teachers, Head Start programs, public libraries, and other community organizations, and have served millions of children through these initiatives. We recently established the Age of Learning Foundation to expand this work globally.
As we expand our global reach and increase the educational impact of our programs, we’re looking for passionate, ambitious, and collaborative leaders to become a part of our growing team.
The English Language Learning project manager is a crucial member of our ELL production team. This person will work collaboratively with other project managers and departments to manage the ELL learning activities and content production processes from requirement through development, execution, documentation, and delivery of the ELL Program for the China market.
The Project Manager will take a proactive role in coordinating the work of curriculum, game design, art, engineering, studio, and QA teams to ensure on-time delivery of high-quality learning activities and content. The position requires adjusting to challenges that arise and finding creative solutions that keep projects on track to ensure on-time delivery of products.
This position is based in Glendale, CA but will require working to interface with remote teams based internationally.
- Oversee production milestones for ownership areas and successfully launch projects by target deadlines
- Participate in program and activity planning sessions, contribute to the milestone definition process, and provide regular status updates
- Work closely with all teams to understand and define deliverables, development, and production project milestones and drive related delivery schedules
- Develop collaborative partnerships across multiple disciplines, including engineering, UI/UX design, product managers/owners, and negotiate conflicting priorities resource challenges
- Proactively identify dependencies and issues between teams and work with management to resolve them, including prioritizing work to be executed
- Track and Communicate project scope changes, delivery timing, and key project metrics
- Anticipate bottlenecks, manage risk and escalations, and balance the business needs versus technical and production constraints
- Effectively measure and communicate progress and risks throughout the project lifecycle and influence the adoption of change
- College degree, or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years of project management or production experience creating interactive games, or learning content and activities for mobile and PC
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to clearly communicate information to a cross-functional group
- Keen organizational skills
- Team player with the ability to work alongside multiple teams, including curriculum, design, development and QA business, product and implementation groups
- Experience with Agile methodologies, specifically running Scrum and Kanban teams
- Experience developing apps or content in the Ed-tech or game industry
- Experience in product development for kids and families
- Bilingual mandarin reading/writing skills
Age of Learning currently provides:
• 90% - 100% of health and welfare benefit premiums
• A 401(k) program with employer match
• 15 paid vacation days plus 11 observed national paid holidays
• Team bonding events and a highly collaborative environment
• Commitment to Equal Opportunity Employment in addition to an inclusive and supportive company culture
• Access to our internal DEI Task Force that focuses on ensuring our products represent all children on a global scale
• Opportunities for professional growth through professional learning and development programs
• A temporary 100% remote work environment, due to COVID restrictions, to help ensure the safety of our employees
• Monthly internet stipend provided due to temporary remote work environment