This job might no longer be available.
Project Manager, UX Research (Contract)
San Francisco, CA, United States
9 months ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Project Manager - Operations (UX Research) (Contract)
San Francisco, CA
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the SIE UX Research team and become a key player in helping define the future of PlayStation’s products and services. As Project Manager (UX Research), you will be responsible for managing a broad range of cross-functional projects in collaboration with UX Researchers, UX Design, Product Management, Engineering and other partners. As an ideal candidate, you are a strong performer in attention to details and staying on top of multiple projects at the same time. You let your passion shine for collaboration and cross-functional communication, helping implement programs, systems, and processes that significantly impacts the effectiveness and efficiency of the UX Research team. You have a good grasp of the project and program management tools and principles, a keen understanding of the user-centered design process, and technological capabilities/limitations.
- Provides project management expertise for highly complex programs (large to enterprise-scale) focusing on User Experience Research
- Collaborate with members from multiple business units to identify, communicate, and handle:
- UX Research program involvement
- UX Research program goals
- UX Research tasks and timelines
- Program dependencies
- Update UX Research leadership on Product, Design and Engineering program status
- Lead regular reviews of achievements and project goals and identify risks across UX Research programs and projects
- Work closely with Design, Research, Product, and Engineering teams to ensure each department receives the data needed to make informed decisions specific to their disciplines.
- Working with UX Research Leads to define and breakdown work, project scope, and critical path to assist in facilitating UX Research planning and prioritization.
- Following up with different teams after a research readout, to define and assign next steps and roles, and have teams commit to timelines.
- Exhibits leadership skills by advocating standard methodologies, anticipating future problems and issues, and seeks to improve processes and tools for the program to cultivate a fun, positive and solution-focused team culture.
- Provides detailed and timely communication on developing issues to relevant partners.
- Identifies resource gaps and communicates recommendations to UX Research Leadership
- Drive clear dedicated communication, and support healthy collaboration between all groups involved with UX Research initiatives.
- Stay aligned with the UXR vision, strategy & roadmap to support the successful execution of cross-platform initiatives.
- A self-starter with a solid understanding of cross-team and cross-platform engagement. Understanding of user centered design practices and design project lifecycle is a plus
- Experience working with globally distributed teams
- Exhibit meticulous attention to detail, with the ability to make timely decisions
- Validated ability to seek routine and complicated problems optimally and independently
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Previous experience utilizing agile methodologies and principles
- Experience with at least some commonly used project management software such as Atlassian Jira, Trello, etc and ability to learn others quickly is a must
- Proficiency with agile development tools
- Basic understanding of programming languages, software development, and release processes is a plus, but not mandatory
- Ability to lead both vertically and horizontally in a large organization
- Excel in conflict resolution, negotiation, and people management
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment
- At least 2 years of experience working with small (3-6 months) and medium (7-12 months) sized projects.
- At least 2 years of experience working in the tech industry and/or Design agency; experience in the gaming industry is a plus
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.