Project Manager [CoDev]
2 days ago
As a Project Manager [CoDev] at Ubisoft Montreal, you will be working on one of our unannounced AAA mobile games, developed in partnership with teams in studios around the world (aka. CoDev Partners).
Working under the CoDev Associate Producer as part of a CoDev Management Team, your primary role will be to provide technically knowledgeable management support to CoDev Partner developers as well as Programming Leads in Montreal. With a specialized background, you will also act as a technical advisor to the CoDev Management Team. While the other members of the team will cover much of the high-level follow-up and support of CoDev mandates, you will be right in the trenches helping programmers and adjacent content creators to work efficiently together across studios and bring their deliverables to completion.
In addition to being open to those with technical management experience, we believe that this position is an excellent entry into management for programmers who wish to make the transition.
What you'll do
- Manage the collaboration between the Programming Leads in Montreal and their peers in CoDev Partners;
- Assist the Programming Leads in supporting CoDev Partner developers as required;
- Act as a technical management ambassador between studios (advocate for the needs and requirements on both sides);
- Coordinate inter-cell and inter-disciplinary collaboration involving CoDev partners (ex. online-gameplay, ui-gameplay, programming-animation, programming-game design);
- Develop a strong knowledge of the technical topology of the project and leverage that knowledge to supervise and enhance the collaboration between CoDev partners and the Montreal team;
- Coordinate technical knowledge-sharing to and from CoDev partners;
- Organize workshops, topical, and recurring meetings as needed and ensure organized follow-up;
- Define and document technical collaboration standards (ex. Code Reviews, QC processes, etc.);
- Develop CoDev best practices for developers, document them, and coach developers to follow them;
- Monitor the development of technical features by the CoDev partners, identify workflow and productivity problems, and propose solutions;
- Assist in Production Management duties, as delegated by the CoDev Associate Producer.
What you bring
The professional values your bring
- A university degree in software development or similar
- At least 3 years of experience as a programmer in Game Development
- Existing experience in a management position is an asset; interest in management is a must
- Good Project Management Skills, with experience in Agile Methodologies
- Ability to synthesize technical subjects from programmers and relay them to less technical managers
- Ability to manage multiple subjects and clients at once
- Project Management & tracking tools knowledge and work experience (ex. JIRA, Excel)
- Capacity to analyze risk and create contingency plans
- Understanding of game development processes – production, design, code, art, live operations is a strong plus
- Comfortable with occasional business travel (1-3 times per year when not under travel restrictions)
- Fluency in English is required. Bilingualism (English-French) is a strong plus
The personal values you bring:
- A desire to combine the knowledge of programming with the trade of management
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in a constantly evolving environment while maintaining a friendly and supportive attitude
- Cross-cultural knowledge and experience
- Autonomous and proactive attitude
- Curiosity and desire to learn
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
A real live person will review your application. In this case, it’s our talent acquisition specialist Eric. As he learns more about you through your profile, get to know him through the video below.
Creating the unknown since 1997. At Ubisoft Montreal, we’re united by a common goal: to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We develop iconic franchises that engage millions around the world, like Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, For Honor, Rainbow Six, Watch Dogs – and, well, we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet.
Our biggest strength is – and always will be – our people: the immensely talented team members surrounding, supporting, and producing the high-quality games that have made our studio what it is today.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection: an environment with a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being. Here, our shared desire to dream big, take risks, and constantly improve contributes to the innovation and boundary-pushing that ultimately leads to our collective success.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.