This job might no longer be available.
Project Manager (Apex Legends)
Los Angeles California United States
7 months ago
Respawn Entertainment is a AAA video game development studio that was founded in 2010 and acquired by Electronic Arts in 2017. Respawn aspires to create innovative hit games that leave a lasting impact for gamers worldwide. Our shipped work includes the critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, and Titanfall 2 . We are currently developing the Star Wars™ action-adventure game Jedi: Fallen Order, virtual reality game Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond , and are continuing development for our live free-to-play game, Apex Legends . The opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry awaits our future team members.
We’re looking for a seasoned Project Manager who will embrace our culture and share his/her hard earned expertise to make and maintain schedules, provide estimate planning and support the producers and team leadership. We’re picturing someone who is experienced in AAA game development, passionate about the build process, and eager to help our teams hit their development goals. If this sounds like you, we look forward to seeing your resume!
What you’ll do...
- Correlate and compare Road Map goals with schedule tasks.
- Gather requirements for work effort from project stakeholders.
- Lead and drive status meetings as needed.
- Communicate schedules, updates, status, major decisions, risks, and blockers.
- Facilitate collaborative review processes between stakeholders and team members.
- Follow change management process to capture change requests, communicate impact, request stakeholder decisions, and execute changes, if applicable.
- Work with production staff and discipline leads to plan effective resource utilization.
- Coordinate, track, and manage the activities of project resources to ensure that project tasks are completed on time, within scope, and at acceptable quality.
- Support Release Management team with appropriate workflows and data for solid publishes and patch notes.
Ideally, you will have...
- 3+ years managing projects utilizing formal project management techniques and tools.
- Understanding of software development processes, software development life cycles, project management methodologies, and performance management.
- Knowledge and expertise in the use of project management methodologies (Agile/Scrum) and tools, resource management practices and change management techniques.
- Working knowledge of Jira with hands on experience in setting up projects and reports, including Gantt charts and dashboards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfortable working in new or ambiguous areas where learning and adaptability are called for.
- Experience shipping games in the last 2 years.
- Worked on at least one AAA product.
- Live Service experience.
- Jira Admin experience.
Benefits & Perks…
Here's a peek at some of what we offer:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life and AD&D insurance benefits.
Flexible Spending Accounts for health and child care.
401K with company match and no vesting period.
Employee Assistance Plan (EAP).
Paid vacation, post-project & holiday office closures, and sick days.
Company-sponsored team events: movie screenings, industry gatherings, and game launch parties to name a few.
Fun office parties throughout the year for employees, friends, and family.
Spacious modern campus with open work spaces and lots of daylight.
Game room with a pool table, ping pong, foosball, arcade and tabletop games.
Fully stocked kitchens with fresh fruit, breakfast, snacks, and more.
Convenient meal order service for on-site lunch deliveries.
State of the art on-site gym with 24/7 access.
On-site yoga classes, massages, and car washes available.
A variety of interest groups and outdoor activities to join with other Respawn Employees: marathons, hikes, biking, and soccer among others.
Friendly, caring co-workers and management.