This job might no longer be available.
Project Manager, Analytics/Performance Marketing
San Francisco, CA, United States
6 months ago
Skillz is driving the future of entertainment by accelerating the convergence of sports, video games and media for an exploding mobile-first audience worldwide. The company’s platform empowers mobile game developers and players with democratized access to fun, fair and skill-based competition for real prizes, shifting the paradigm to make eSports accessible to anyone, anywhere with a mobile device.
Skillz helps developers build multi-million dollar game franchises by turning content into competitive social gaming properties for the world’s 2.6 billion gamers. The company has already worked with 13,000 game developers, leveraging its patented technology to host over 800 million tournaments for 18 million players worldwide.
This year, Skillz was recognized as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies and CNBC Disruptor 50 (for the second time). In 2018, Skillz was listed as one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups and Entrepreneur Magazine’s 100 Brilliant Companies. In 2017, Inc. Magazine ranked Skillz the No. 1 fastest-growing private company in America.
The company is backed by leading venture capitalists, media companies, and professional sports luminaries, ranging from Liberty Global, Accomplice, Wildcat Capital, Telstra Ventures, and a founder of Great Hill Partners to the owners of the New England Patriots, Milwaukee Bucks, New York Mets, and Sacramento Kings.
Who we're looking for:
You are a highly-organized, enthusiastic Project Manager with exceptional communication skills and a demonstrable talent for project management. The act of planning excites you; organization and efficiency make you squeal with glee. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, always follows-up, and enjoys working within a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
What You'll Do:
- Train team on Agile process and drive sprint planning, retrospectives, and improvements
- Manage project timelines, expectations, milestones, and deliverables
- Contribute to the creation of project plans, documentation, and requirements for projects
- Act as a key contact and communication facilitation between marketing teams and Product
- Coordinate and follow-up on tasks and assignments within the Analytics, LiveOps, and Performance Marketing teams
- Develop processes and best practices for project management and execution
- Collaborate with teammates who care about building great products as much as you do
- Support and ensure the effective coordination of the LiveOps and Performance Marketing teams
- Own cross-discipline collaboration meetings to ensure requests are being prioritized
- Drive stakeholder and partner meetings so that priorities, risks, and next steps are clearly communicated
- 3+ years of work experience in project management roles
- Four year degree (or a great reason why you don't have one)
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and execute within a high-pressure environment
- Adaptable to changing project requirements and business needs
- Capable of juggling multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to motivate, encourage, persuade, increase cooperation and reduce tension among team members
- Experience working with Analytics, LiveOps, or Performance Marketing teams
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Previous experience with project management tools (JIRA, GSuite, Gantt Charts, etc)