This job might no longer be available.
Project Lead Programmer
2 days ago
As a Project Lead Programmer (CPI), you lead the game’s technological vision that brings to life the creative ambitions of the project. To achieve those ambitions, you build teams composed of talented and inspired programmers, overseen by just-as-passionate programming team leads. Constantly in touch with them, you plan ahead, identify issues and closely follow up on features in development for the game. Thanks to your leadership and your ability to make the best decisions when faced with challenges in production, your programming teams can achieve their ambitions.
Sometimes, you roll up your sleeves and get deep into coding, because, after all, it’s still your first love. Your global vision and your deep comprehension of what everyone does on your team allow you to harmonize and to multiply the results of everyone’s hard work. When quality systems are delivered and when they work together cohesively, you know you contribute in offering a rich experience to our players. And that’s what truly motivates you.
The daily life of a Project Lead Programmer
- Organize and coordinate the project’s technological activities and resources throughout the production life cycle
- Help your teams to advance the development of their systems and ensure that they are coherent with developments made by parallel tech teams
- Communicate the project vision and engage your team on the evolution of deliverables
- Voice the challenges, the observations, and make recommendations on behalf of the project’s programming teams at the core team level
- Monitor the game architecture’s evolution
- Oversee planning and staffing for your programming teams
- Ment the employees under his responsibility
- Meet the employees under his responsibility regularly in order to give them feedback and help them progress
- Participate in the recruitment of new members of his team and ensure the integration of new employees
- Develop a culture of sharing and push for continuous improvement within its business community
- Address conflict situations and behavioral issues by seeking support from the HR team or the team's production manager as needed
- Write the annual report and the end of project report of the employees under his responsibility and help them identify their growth path
- Help create a healthy, inclusive and positive work environment and escalate issues that could affect employees or the project as needed.
What it takes to make it
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer science or Software engineering
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in game programming
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience managing a team of game programmers
- Proficient in C++ and other programming languages commonly used in game production
- Participation in at least one full game production or equivalent as a lead programmer
- Impeccable strategic leadership and communication skills
- Remain calm when facing challenging situations (you know that there is always a solution)
- A deep understanding of video game production with an ease to see the perspectives of other game production disciplines
Ubisoft’s 19,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are boundby a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey !
With a team of more than 500 talented, innovative and passionate creators, Ubisoft Quebec keeps on growing and continues its ascension. Founded in 2005, the studio has been involved in several key Ubisoft franchises over the years, developing cutting-edge expertise in major AAA game development.
Involved in the Assassin's Creed franchise since 2010, the Quebec team recently assumed the leadership of Assassin's Creed Odyssey, the latest installment in the critically acclaimed series. The team release on December 3rd 2020. a brand new game, Immortals Fenyx Rising!