Project Lead Programmer
17 days ago
As a Project Lead Programmer (CPI), you lead the game’s technological vision that brings to life the creative ambitions of the project. To achieve those ambitions, you build teams composed of talented and inspired programmers, overseen by just-as-passionate programming team leads. Constantly in touch with them, you plan ahead, identify issues and closely follow up on features in development for the game. Thanks to your leadership and your ability to make the best decisions when faced with challenges in production, your programming teams can achieve their ambitions.
Sometimes, you roll up your sleeves and get deep into coding, because, after all, it’s still your first love. Your global vision and your deep comprehension of what everyone does on your team allow you to harmonize and to multiply the results of everyone’s hard work. When quality systems are delivered and when they work together cohesively, you know you contribute in offering a rich experience to our players. And that’s what truly motivates you.
What you'll do
- Organize and coordinate the project’s technological activities and resources throughout the production lifecycle
- Help your team leads to advance the development of their systems and ensure that they are coherent with developments made by parallel tech teams
- Communicate the project’s editorial vision and engage your team on the evolution of deliverables
- Voice the challenges, the observations, and make recommendations on behalf of the project’s programming teams at the core team level
- Monitor the game architecture’s evolution
- Oversee planning and staffing for your programming teams
What you'll bring
- Experience in game programming
- Experience managing a team of game programmers
- Proficient in C++ and other programming languages commonly used in game production
- Participation in at least one full game production or equivalent as a lead programmer
- Impeccable strategic leadership and communication skills
- Remain calm when facing challenging situations (you know that there is always a solution)
- A deep understanding of video game production with an ease to see the perspectives of other game production disciplines
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
A real live person will review your application. In this case, it’s our talent acquisition specialist Alison. As she learns more about you through your profile, get to know her through the video below.
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.