Project Lead Programmer (Harbour)
Montreal QC ca
8 days ago
As a Project Lead Programmer within Ubi MTL’s Harbour team, you set the strategic direction and quality standards of a live, online web platform that supports all our Ubisoft games.
With a focus on site reliability, you define the platform’s overall technological vision and guide a team of talented and inspired programmers, overseen by just-as-passionate programming team leads to turn it into reality.
Sometimes, you roll up your sleeves and get deep into coding, because, after all, it’s still your first love. Your global vision and your deep comprehension of what everyone does on your team allow you to harmonize and to multiply the results of everyone’s hard work.
When quality features are delivered and when they work together cohesively, you know you have contributed to delivering a reliable, consistent, enriching experience to our players. And that’s what truly motivates you.
What you’ll do
- Plan the platform’s technological activities.
- Help your team leads to advance the development of their systems and ensure that they are coherent with developments made by parallel tech teams.
- Communicate the site reliability vision and engage your team on the evolution of deliverables.
- Voice challenges observations + make recommendations on behalf of the project’s programming teams at the core team level to improve quality.
- Assess tools and workflows + suggest improvements (especially automated ones).
- Diagnose and correct online services issues.
- Coordinate resources to achieve service-level objectives.
- Participate in recruitment to build your team of back-end programmers + foster their growth.
What you bring
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent
- Around 10 years of programming experience (or other relevant experience) + 5 years of management
- Solid strategic leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Deep-rooted knowledge of live operations
- A future-focused mindset: you’re constantly looking towards the long-term
- The ability to remain calm when faced with setbacks (you know there’s always a solution at hand)
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
A real live person will review your application. In this case, it’s our talent acquisition specialist Karin. As she learns more about you through your profile, get to know her through the video below
Harbour: online solutions at Ubisoft
As Ubisoft’s online platform developer, Harbour helps bring high-quality connected experiences to millions of players worldwide. Working alongside production teams, we leverage state-of-the-art solutions to enable value-filled features in all our online games – throughout their development and while they’re live. With a view of Ubisoft’s entire digital ecosystem and a long-term approach to online gaming, we focus on finding the right solution for the right purpose. And if the solution we need doesn’t exist yet? That’s just an opportunity for us to create it.
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.