Progression Game Designer [Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora]
8 days ago
Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora™ is a first-person, action-adventure game developed by Massive Entertainment – a Ubisoft studio in collaboration with Lightstorm Entertainment and Disney. Built using the latest iteration of the Snowdrop engine, and developed exclusively for the new generation of consoles and PC, Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora brings to life the alluring world of Pandora with all of its beauty and danger in an immersive, open-world experience.
As a Progression (Game) Designer at Massive, you'll help shape our player’s journey. You'll innovate and develop progression features and find the perfect balance for our game economy. You'll also proactively communicate with the dev team to align designs and intentions with Leads and Directors on a regular basis.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö Sweden and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job ad is posted.
- Designing and documenting accessible, innovative, and engaging progression and economy systems to support the game vision;
- Working with the Gameplay team to define and support the progression needs and rollout;
- Working with Narrative and Quest Design to integrate progression systems into the game campaign and activities;
- Setting up, implementing, and continually balancing the game economy, using tools you’ll be responsible for helping shape;
- Mentoring junior colleagues and peer-reviewing the work of your peers.
You are passionate about games, game-dev, and the craft of game design - especially RPG & Action-Adventure games. You're proactive and offer creative solutions in the pursuit of your goals. You should also be comfortable working within a multidisciplinary team, where you are expected to contribute with your expertise to achieve the highest quality possible. You have high standards in everything you do, and a devotion to creating the best possible player experience.
Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- Proven experience working with progression systems;
- A solid understanding of how to craft and balance a game economy as well as in-depth experience with the tools needed to accomplish this;
- Experience with the full development cycle, ideally with multiple titles credited to your name;
- Experience driving the development of specific features assigned to you;
- Knowledge of an iterative development process and rapid prototyping.
Massive Entertainment is a world-leading AAA studio located in Malmö Sweden and is part of the Ubisoft family. We’re a multinational team of more than 650 passionate and highly skilled people from 50+ different countries. Our studio’s goal has always been – and still is – to craft the finest gaming experiences for all players.
At Massive, you get to do what you love most while bringing your own experience to our ongoing projects, like Tom Clancy’s The Division 2, Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora, and The Star Wars Project. We're also developing new tech here, such as our in-house engine Snowdrop, and Ubisoft Connect - Ubisoft's digital ecosystem and distribution platform.
All your application information will be kept confidential according to EEO & GDPR guidelines.