Programming Team Lead (Gameplay)
23 days ago
As a Team Lead at Ubi Québec, you guide a group of talented and inspired programmers who develop technology critical to the creation of games Ubisoft fans can’t wait to play. Your team achieves its ambitions thanks to your technical know-how, leadership and ability to make informed decisions. You take pride and share passion for the systems your team develops together.
Your vision and your deep comprehension of what everyone does on your team allow you to harmonize and to multiply the results of everyone’s contribution. When quality systems are delivered and when they work together cohesively, you know you have contributed to offering a rich experience to our players. That’s what truly motivates you.
The daily life of a Team Lead at Ubi Québec
On a typical day, you gather your team to discuss progress with assigned tasks. You note issues and brainstorm ways to address them. You review outstanding bugs and how best to approach them. You communicate regularly with leads from other disciplines, to plan ahead, identify risks and deliver on time.
You code alongside your team on a daily basis. You regularly update your Project Lead on your team’s assignments and meet with other leads both within and outside your project to discuss how to improve workflows and share technology.
What it takes to make it
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer science or Software engineering;
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience in game programming;
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience managing a team of game programmers;
- Proficient in C++ and other programming languages commonly used in game production;
- Participation in at least one full game production or equivalent as a programming team lead;
- Impeccable strategic leadership and communication skills;
- Remain calm when facing challenging situations (you know a solution is always at hand);
- A deep understanding of video game production with the ease to see the perspectives of other game production discipline.
What to send our way
- Your resume highlighting your education, your experiences and your skills.
Working at Ubisoft means
- A hybrid and flexible work mode, 6 weeks of vacation in your first year, an enriched parental leave, a Ubi gym directly in our offices, a complete group insurance program, access to complete Dialogue telemedicine services, an RRSP with a contribution from Ubisoft, an advantageous bonus program, concrete measures to ensure the right to disconnect, the option of working part-time and much more. Click here for all the details.
- Joining a team of 21,000 Ubisoft employees working across more than 40 locations around the world, are boundby a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come;
- Working for an equal opportunity employer, where diversity is a priority. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or health status.
Founded in 2005 and with a team of over 600 creative, passionate and innovative talents, Ubisoft Quebec is now one of the leaders in the industry. Involved in the Assassin's Creed franchise since 2010, our studio assumed the leadership of Assassin's Creed Odyssey as well as Immortals Fenyx Rising, and is now developing Assassin's Creed Codename RED.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.