Programming Support Specialist (Technology Group)
3 months ago
At the Technology Group (TG), we provide tools, middleware, and services adapted to the needs of Ubisoft game production teams. Be it front-end or back-end solutions, tools, or expertise, we support our productions throughout their life cycle. Through collaboration and innovation, we contribute to boosting the efficiency of pipelines and the development of products to deliver quality games to millions of players worldwide. Exploring ideas, experimenting with new technologies, and implementing stable ones are part of our daily life.
As a Programming Support Specialist, you’ll join the debug and profiling team within the TG.
In this role, you’ll provide technical oversight and support for the services and tools offered by the TG. In constant communication with the programming community, you’ll help programmers – on all projects across Ubi – get the most out of the products at their disposal to create the best games possible.
From advising on implementation to investigating complex problems, consulting, training, managing incidents, and more, this multifaceted position will allow you to tap into both your technical abilities and soft skills.
What you’ll do
- Foster relationships with production teams and be their primary contact person.
- Investigate technical problems encountered by game developers or detected by automated alerts.
- Assess infrastructure issues + modify servers and network equipment.
- Improve our tools and methods to detect and prevent incidents.
- Recommend robust and sustainable solutions + find fixes and develop new features.
- Guide technical teams throughout product integration (SDKs, APIs, etc.).
- Train production team members by teaching them how to use our products.
- Support our shift towards InnerSource by personally contributing or by encouraging our community to contribute to our code database.
- Create and maintain technical documentation that will serve as a reference.
- Ensure that the technical solutions developed by production respect our constraints and best practices.
What you bring
- Around 1 to 3 years of experience in computer science, programming, front-end development, network infrastructure management, or other relevant experience (experience in online development, a plus)
- An undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Software Development, or Computer Engineering (or related training)
- Knowledge of C++, C#, .NET, .NET Core, and standard libraries
- A collaborative and creative spirit
- Innovation that allows you to come up with sustainable, flexible, and stable solutions in an ever-evolving industry
- Attention to detail, curiosity, critical thinking, resourcefulness, and plenty of flexibility
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- An ability to manage priorities & balance many projects and different subjects
- Motivation to help others resolve technical and complex problems
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your experience, education, and skills
A real live person will review your application. In this case, it’s our talent acquisition specialist Karin. As she learns more about you through your profile, get to know her through the video below.
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are.We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.