Los Angeles, CA
8 days ago
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn , Twitter and on our Blog .
About the Role
The Twitch experience is deeply rooted in the behaviors gamers love the most: live, interactive, shared experiences. The Twitch service has created a host of features including extensions, drops, co-streaming and chat that, combined with our community, create an infinite number of opportunities to develop what we call “Multiplayer Entertainment.”
As Programming Strategist, reporting to the Head of Programming, you will design programming and creative strategies for key Twitch categories and partners. You will work with Content, Sales, and Marketing teams to build content programs that meet Twitch business goals and improve Twitch’s position as the industry-leader in live, shared, interactive content.
- Partner with Strategic Partnerships and Original Content teams to develop programming strategies for key Twitch verticals and channels.
- Research and develop content and programming best practices for different types of content creators ( UGC , Premium, Twitch Original Content) and verticals .
- Create partner-friendly “playbooks” of creative and programming best practices
- Partner with Marketing and Sales to create go-to-market-ready content programs
- Proactively identify content opportunities in key verticals that serve Twitch goals
- Design new ways to curate, bundle, and distribute cohorts of similar content on Twitch
- Maintain a calendar of key moments and programs in Twitch key verticals .
- Partner with strategic partnership team to provide custom channel and programming strategies to important Twitch partners
- Project-manage tentpole content programs
- 5+ years working within a creative organization using data to shape programming strategy and grow audiences
- Acomplex strategy in meetings, in written materials, and in decks or presentations.
- A deep understanding of content discovery mechanisms (algorithms) and optimization levers within a digital media platform
- An understanding of the interconnected partners in a digital media ecosystem - content creators, media companies, advertisers, and viewers
- Experience creating relationships across a growing and evolving organization with complex decision influences
- A willingness to carve a path towards a defined goal when there are no established protocols or processes
- Experience scoping , identifying, and executing processes and process enhancements
- A love of problem solving and a curious mind
- Knowledge of the gaming and esports industries
- Knowledge of the Twitch UGC ecosystem
- Experience with live streaming or live broadcast content
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k) , Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages , etc. ),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.