Programming Internship (Year in Industry - 2021 to 2022)
Daresbury England United Kingdom
7 days ago
Programming Internship (Year in industry 2021 - 2022)
d3t is at the cutting edge of technology, delivering work-for-hire video game development services to our global triple-A clients. As a successful and growing video game studio, based near Runcorn in Cheshire, we are always interested in recruiting talented individuals. We offer an amazingly professional, fun, inclusive and supportive working environment.
In our 10th successful year and part of the global Keywords Studio Group we are a 100+ person studio, continuing to expand and deliver exciting projects. Our talented team are the key to our success and we have a number of opportunities to join our supportive and involved Internship Programme within the Programming Team for 2021/2022.
We are passionate about what we do and pride ourselves on our anti-crunch mentality, mentoring ethos and have been awarded ‘Best Places to Work’ multiple times by GamesIndustry.biz. most recently winning the 2020 award. As an intern at d3t, you can expect to be encouraged, mentored and get to work on world class projects, gaining valuable hands on experience for the future. Our internships/year in industry average around 12-15 months in length.
“Typical Day” - d3t Programming Intern
The first hour of your day might be spent looking at code reviews submitted by other team members. You could then spend the rest of the morning working on a tool you’ve been developing which communicates via HTTP to a game title we’re involved with. Before your lunch, you might submit your code for review.
Your afternoon could be spent working on a different project you have on the go – helping to port a PC title to console. You could be involved with all aspects of this port, including networking, rendering, input, console OS etc. You will be reporting to a more senior programmer who is on-hand to offer advice and help whenever you may need it.
Projects we are proud to have worked on in the past have included Mafia II Definitive Edition, Burnout Paradise Remastered, The Witcher III, Human Fall Flat plus many more we can’t yet talk about. We continue to work on a wide variety of creative projects with world class studios.
Role and Responsibilities
- Write, update and maintain new and existing projects across all major platforms and languages
- Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team to deliver features to project deadlines
- Work towards taking ownership of systems and features
- Confident and able to communicate at all levels
- Able to demonstrate a sense of reliability and responsibility with a can-do attitude
- A passion for games and game development with a desire to learn and improve as a programmer
- Demonstrable programming ability in at least 1 programming language (C++/C#/Java/etc)
- A technical bias, with an interest in getting stuck-in to difficult problems every day
- A working understanding of object-oriented development
- Experience working with game engines such as Unreal or Unity
- Experience working in graphics / rendering
- Experience working in multiple programming languages
Benefits & Perks – just some of the many offered by d3t
- 22 days holiday (+ 3 extra at Christmas + bank holidays)
- Company Pension Scheme
- Flexible working hours. Anti-crunch ethos
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme
- Anti-crunch ethos - an amazingly professional, fun and supportive working environment!
- Income Protection
- Annual Bonus – be rewarded for great teamwork!
- Free parking on site
- Monthly Fitness Sessions
- Complimentary Refreshments – an extensive range to suit all dietary preferences
- Branded Merchandise
- Company Socials, Project Launch/Wrap Parties + Annual d3t Events
- Breakout Areas – filled with perks such as games, snacks etc.
- Assistance and support with re-location to the area
Please note we are actively hiring through the Covid-19 pandemic. We have the d3t team working remotely from home and once it is safe to do so, we will be returning to the studio. This position will be studio based in Runcorn, Cheshire.