11 days ago
Activision Central Tech works to support our development studios and their titles. Comprising seven main teams, we have many specialties including big data, privacy and security, motion capture and animation pipeline technologies, graphics, build and infrastructure for studio development and data centers, optimization, systems programming and online services including matchmaking and networking. Central Tech is distributed globally with offices across the U.S., and in Canada, England, Ireland and Japan.
Most of our teams are composed of both engineering and research talent, allowing us to always have an eye on the future. Our talented engineers help with title development and provide valuable knowledge sharing between studios while our researchers are action-oriented and keep a strong connection with the needs of the game studios.
Central Tech is part of Activision. To learn more about us and our research, please visit us at https://research.activision.com/ .
Activision is seeking a Programmer to join the Activision Central Technology group. This is a unique position that will see you contributing to the low-level rendering engine technology that powers our biggest games alongside some of the most forward-looking technologists in the industry. The work location can be flexible, working from Warrington, Manchester or other parts of the UK.
The role would consist of the following responsibilities:
- Help design and implement new rendering systems.
- Maintain existing systems to perform optimally across all target platforms.
- Deploy seamlessly across console, PC, and mobile technology.
- Support studio engineers and artists to implement cutting edge graphics.
- Diagnose and solve performance and memory related rendering issues.
- Keep up to date with the latest rendering technologies in industry.
- Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 2-3+ years of industry experience.
- Proficiency in C/C++, data structures, performance, and multi-threaded techniques .
- Strong debugging skills.
- Good communication skills, ability to work autonomously with geographically distributed engineering teams.
- Capable of working effectively in a large codebase.
- Solid understanding of graphics APIs and shaders.
- Knowledge of modern rendering techniques.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Activision Blizzard is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.