Programmer - Summer Internship
12 days ago
Obsidian is looking for a programming intern to join us for our Obsidian University Internship Program and help make our next world-class role-playing game.
Our ideal candidate has a strong work ethic, outstanding problem-solving skills, the ability to deliver on time, and works well in a team environment.
This position requires the ability to work onsite at the Obsidian Entertainment office in Irvine, CA. Summer housing will be provided on an as-needed basis.
- Contribute to the programming, debugging, and optimization of the game and tools
- Collaborate with developers on designs and implementations
- Iterate on features and be willing to accept and respond to critical feedback
- Learn what it takes to be a successful programmer in games
- An avid gamer with a passion for making games
- Enjoys collaborating with others in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Working knowledge of C++
- Experience with Unreal Engine
- Personal/school game project examples
- A passion for Obsidian role-playing games
- Working knowledge of debugging issues in code
Obsidian Entertainment is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
The estimated base pay range for this role is:
Please, no phone calls or drop-ins. We only accept electronic applications.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.