Programmer (Senior) - Build
4 months ago
Blackbird Interactive is looking for a lead programmer for our Build and Deployment team, who will be responsible for the efficient design and maintenance of the build pipeline for BBI's code and assets as well as developing strategies and implementing tools for deploying builds to the team.
- Lead the build programming team with good planning and strong execution.
- Direct your team with clear, effective and caring guidance and feedback
- Manage the project build process for code and data.
- Ensure timely and stable builds are created to allow our teams to work efficiently and effectively.
- Manage and improve the automated build and deployment processes.
- Troubleshoot and resolve build failures.
- Build system and runtime metrics gathering for offline analysis.
- Provide accurate estimates for tasks and bugs.
- 5+ years of build/release, configuration management and deployment for a game team.
- Python, C++, and shell scripting skills.
- Proven ability to lead a technical team in a highly dynamic environment.
- Strong interdisciplinary collaboration skills, including verbal and written skills.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to write clean, well structured and efficient code.
- Proficiency in Perforce and Git.
- Experience with Azure data pipelines
- Experience with Jenkins build system
- Skills in other scripting languages (Go, ruby, R, etc)
- Experience shipping AAA games on multiple platforms.
- Experience with Unity 3D, Unreal, or other similar full-featured game engine.
- Desktop / Console / Mobile development experience.
- Demonstrated passion for games and technology.
At Blackbird, we're all about being true to our roots. We started small in our CEO's garage, and even though we're expanding, our desire is to stick to that foundation of creativity, community, and collaboration. Our team has proved that great ideas can come from any position in any discipline, so it's important to us to make sure every voice is heard.
Work/life balance is extremely important to us, and we've demonstrated that over the years by severely limiting over-time requirements. We want people to be happy about coming to work every day, and to that end we offer lots of opportunities for growth and development; whether it's lunch and learns, team events, or our generous vacation days, paid holiday closure and flexible schedules. We also try to provide every opportunity possible for our employees to spearhead R&D initiatives through our BlackOps program. In short, don't expect to feel like a cog in a machine working for BBI.
Due to COVID-19, applicants must be eligible to work in Canada, or currently in Canada on a work permit/visa. With the exception of specifically on-site roles, all roles will commence as a work-from-home arrangement. This arrangement will be revisited as COVID-19 government regulations are eased.
Please send a cover letter with your resume and application. If applying for an artistic role, please provide a link to your portfolio and/or demo reel.
If you are interested in the role, please apply even if your experience and skills don’t perfectly match our ideal credentials. We are committed to diversity and especially encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply. As an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. BBI does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.