Programmer (Rendering Team)
18 days ago
When you’re a programmer in the rendering team, you connect with our players on two of the most basic aspects of a AAA game: its visuals and its performance. Your exceptional maths skills, your sharp eye for visual detail and your knowledge of GPUs allow you to write a game’s most fundamental code and deliver a stunning visual experience.
As a dependable member of a larger production team, you collaborate with colleagues from a range of disciplines who depend on you for quickly getting something that is clear and good looking up on screen. You work well with technical artists, transforming their requirements into efficient, working code.
Essentially, what you care about is image quality; you’re probably a photography or cinematography buff. You have a good understanding of the physics of lighting and a working knowledge of physically based shading. You use these passions, skills and knowledge to create striking work, and are eager for your colleagues’ feedback.
What you’ll do
- Program code customized to the hardware you are working with;
- Explore new hardware and deal with the interesting new challenges it poses;
- Meet up with artists to assess their needs and vision;
- Review code to improve its performance, in search of that vital extra millisecond;
- Read the latest relevant academic literature in order to stay at the forefront of your field;
- You might attend a 3D tech talk by one of your colleagues on another project or brand – or give one yourself.
What you bring
- An degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent;
- Experience in 3D programming, ideally in the video-game industry, (having shipped a video game is an asset);
- A proficiency to communicate with all disciplines and to support and elevate the team in terms of visuals and performance;
- Experience with HLSL, DirectX;
- Proficiency in C++ (understanding of C# is an asset);
- Experience developing on video-game consoles and in performance optimization for consoles;
- You are a Philomath (a.k.a. a lover of maths – algebra, geometry, calculus, the whole set);
- You are creative and thirsty for innovation.
What to send our way
- Your resume highlighting your education, experience and skills.
Working at Ubisoft means
- A hybrid and flexible work mode, 6 weeks of vacation in your first year, an enriched parental leave, a Ubi gym directly in our offices, a complete group insurance program, access to complete Dialogue telemedicine services, an RRSP with a contribution from Ubisoft, an advantageous bonus program, concrete measures to ensure the right to disconnect, the option of working part-time and much more. Click here for all the details.
- Joining a team of 21,000 Ubisoft employees working across more than 40 locations around the world, are boundby a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come;
- Working for an equal opportunity employer who believes that diversity of backgrounds and perspectives is essential to creating worlds where gamers and their teams can thrive and express themselves. It's about taking on exciting challenges, being at the forefront of cutting-edge technology and being part of the future of entertainment.
With a team of more than 500 creative, passionate and innovative talents, Ubisoft Quebec continues to grow and expand. Founded in 2005, the Quebec City studio has carved out a place for itself among the leaders in the video game industry. Involved in several of Ubisoft's flagship franchises, it has acquired solid expertise, positioning it in the development of major AAA games. Involved in the Assassin's Creed franchise since 2010, the Quebec City team has assumed leadership of Assassin's Creed Odyssey, Immortals Fenyx Rising as well as the new crossover stories of Assassin's Creed Odyssey and Valhalla.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.