Programmer (Rendering Team)
7 months ago
Open position continuously for 2019 recruitment needs.
The selected applications will be kept in the bank and we will contact them according to our needs
Unsuccessful candidates will be contacted within one month after receiving their application.
When you’re a programmer in the rendering team, you connect with our players on two of the most basic aspects of a AAA game: its visuals and its performance. Your exceptional maths skills, your sharp eye for visual detail and your knowledge of GPUs allow you to write a game’s most fundamental code and deliver a stunning visual experience.
As a dependable member of a larger production team, you collaborate with colleagues from a range of disciplines who depend on you for quickly getting something that is clear and good looking up on screen. You work well with technical artists, transforming their requirements into efficient, working code.
Essentially, what you care about is image quality; you’re probably a photography or cinematography buff. You have a good understanding of the physics of lighting and a working knowledge of physically based shading. You use these passions, skills and knowledge to create striking work, and are eager for your colleagues’ feedback.
Your main tasks are :
- Program code customized to the hardware you are working with
- Explore new hardware and deal with the interesting new challenges it poses
- Meet up with artists to assess their needs and vision
- Review code to improve its performance, in search of that vital extra millisecond
- Read the latest relevant academic literature in order to stay at the forefront of your field
- You might attend a 3D tech talk by one of your colleagues on another project or brand – or give one yourself
- An undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Experience in 3D programming, ideally in the video-game industry, (having shipped a video game is an asset)
- A proficiency to communicate with all disciplines and to support and elevate the team in terms of visuals
- Experience with HLSL, DirectX
- Proficiency in C++ (understanding of C# is an asset)
- Experience developing on video-game consoles and in performance optimization for consoles
- You are a Philomath (a.k.a. a lover of maths – algebra, geometry, calculus, the whole set)
- You are creative and thirsty for innovation
Ubisoft Québec is a leader in the video game industry and is located in the heart of Quebec City’s Saint-Roch neighbourhood. Involved in many of Ubisoft’s flagship franchises, the studio gained a strong expertise, leading to its implication in the development of AAA games. The 500 talented people are united by the desire of pushing boundaries, building high quality worlds and creating memorable gaming experiences.