10 days ago
As a Physics Programmer at Ubi MTL, you help deliver even more immersive gameplay experiences by adding realism to our worlds.
From character movements to destructible and dynamic environments, you mimic real-life outcomes as closely as possible, so that what goes on in-game occurs the way it’s expected to. You have flexibility in your work, the freedom to introduce new features, the opportunity to see them through to completion, and truly open up a world of possibilities for players to interact with.
What you’ll do
- Partner with your team lead to discuss project needs and ideas + assess technical feasibility.
- Work closely with AI, gameplay, and engine teams to transform a vision into accurate and authentic simulation experiences.
- Explore opportunities to push the capabilities of our physics engine to its fullest potential.
- Develop new and maintain existing physics features; writing, reviewing, and rewriting high-performance code.
- Collaborate with technical directors to discuss memory budgets and system limitations.
- Support artists and programmers in resolving complex problems, debugging, optimizing CPU and memory usage, etc.
- Be the owner of the physics library, keeping it up to date and organized.
- Document and share your physics programming knowledge + recommend our best practices.
What you bring
- An undergraduate degree in Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent
- At least 1-3 years of programming experience (physics, gameplay, AI, or engine an asset) or related experience *
- Proficiency in C/C++ & advanced mathematical and analytical capabilities
- Resourcefulness (you may not always have the answers, but you know where to find them)
- A collaborative and innovative spirit
- Experience with physics middleware (Havok and PhysX an asset)
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills (you’re comfortable talking to content creators and code-owners alike)
- An investigative approach to problem solving – you’re not one to just scratch the surface; you care to get to the root cause of issues and come up with long-term solutions to resolve them
What to send our way
- Your CV highlighting your education, experience, and skills
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission: enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come.
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
When you join Ubi MTL, you discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, harnessing cutting-edge technologies, and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join us on our journey and help us create the unknown.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.