This job might no longer be available.
11 days ago
As a Programmer at Smoking Gun Interactive (SGI), you’re enthusiastic and driven to work on great projects. You have a keen desire to work in Games on various components depending on need. You don’t shy away from a challenge and are eager to take on new opportunities.
In this role you will:
- Produce high-quality, efficient, clean, and modular code;
- Creatively resolve game technology production issues;
- Be able to meet production schedules and deadlines;
- Proactively identify tasks/problems that need tackling, outside of known scheduled work;
- Provide and accept feedback on all aspects of code quality (performance, readability, testability, design).
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- 2+ years’ experience as a Programmer in the game industry and or related field (inclusive of a Co-op term or internship);
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent;
- A passion for playing and creating innovative games;
- Working knowledge of C++/C#;
- Strong self motivated as an independent worker;
- Excellent problem solving abilities, proven ability to tackle hard problems in creative ways;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- A positive attitude with a desire to work within a team environment towards a common goal;
- The ability to estimate work load and execute on the work in the time estimated.
It would also be great if you had experience with:
- Programming in the Gaming industry;
- Mobile: iOS, Android;
- Console programming experience, Xbox One and/or PS4.
We offer competitive salaries, great benefits, and a creative and driven work environment with our passionate team of talented professionals on high quality projects.
Smoking Gun Interactive is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Smoking Gun Interactive (SGI) is a dynamic and innovative game development studio lead by industry veterans located in the heart of downtown Vancouver. We develop original IPs as well as partner with incredible companies and established brands such as Microsoft and NASA to create games and diverse interactive experiences, utilizing our own leading edge technology.