This job might no longer be available.
Programmer (Engine Team)
4 months ago
As a programmer in the engine team, you know you’ve done great work when the tools you’ve created are stable, up and running and effective for members of the production team.
You develop systems on a particularly large spectrum, from game engines to game editors, or any middleware used in production. You might also work on a specific system (AI, 3D, sound, animation, etc.) for a mandate or depending on your team’s size and needs.
Your role is central to the health of a project as you nurture the systems that are the foundation of a game. You make it possible for content production teams to focus on creating the most fun and enriching experiences for our players.
Your main and regular tasks are to:
- Develop generic systems to support the functionalities of the specialist programmers (AI, 3D, sound, animation, etc.) and ensure their integration (engine, editor or middleware)
- Support the production team by making sure their tools are stable and effective
- Program in a clear and structured manner that is in keeping with performance, maintenance, modularity, scalability and compatibility requirements.
- Monitor performance and memory budgets.
- Debug and optimize already existing systems.
- Document your work to ensure knowledge transfer and help users understand the new systems and features;
- Carry out all other related tasks.
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or computer engineering or equivalent.
- Experience in software programming, ideally in the video game industry or any other relevant experience.
- Excellent proficiency in various programming languages, especially C++.
- Good analytical and synthesis skills and attention to details.
- Ability to work as part of a team and good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Autonomy, curiosity and resourcefulness, that push you to go talk to people.
- Flexibility in the organization of your work, allowing you to adapt to changes.
Ubisoft’s 19,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are boundby a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey !
With a team of more than 500 talented, innovative and passionate creators, Ubisoft Quebec keeps on growing and continues its ascension. Founded in 2005, the studio has been involved in several key Ubisoft franchises over the years, developing cutting-edge expertise in major AAA game development. Involved in the Assassin's Creed franchise since 2010, the Quebec team recently assumed the leadership of Assassin's Creed Odyssey, the latest installment in the critically acclaimed series. The team has just finished working on a brand new game, Immortals Fenyx Rising.