Programmer - Audio
2 months ago
Blackbird Interactive is looking for a strong audio developer to assist development on a major project. Do you know how to get things done? Can you work with designers and artists to understand and implement what they need?
We are looking for a talented team player eager to be a key part of our engineering team.
- Work with the audio team to create and refine audio systems
- Work with existing gameplay systems to expose audio event hooks
- Work with audio designers to improve content iteration workflows
- Collaborate continuously with design, art and technical teams to define requirements and iteratively build solutions
- 4+ years of proven game development experience
- Good understanding of C++
- Self direction and a proven ability to thrive in a highly dynamic environment
- Strong interdisciplinary collaboration skills, including verbal and written skills
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent.
- Experience shipping AAA games on multiple platforms
- Experience with Unity 3D, Unreal, or other similar full-featured game engine
- Console development experience
- Demonstrated passion for games and technology.
At Blackbird, we're all about being true to our roots. We started small in our CEO's garage, and even though we're expanding, our desire is to stick to that foundation of creativity, community, and collaboration. Our team has proved that great ideas can come from any position in any discipline, so it's important to us to make sure every voice is heard.
Work/life balance is extremely important to us, and we've demonstrated that over the years by severely limiting over-time requirements. We want people to be happy about coming to work every day, and to that end we offer lots of opportunities for growth and development; whether it's lunch and learns, team events, or our generous vacation days, paid holiday closure and flexible schedules. We also try to provide every opportunity possible for our employees to spearhead R&D initiatives through our BlackOps program. In short, don't expect to feel like a cog in a machine working for BBI.
Due to COVID-19, applicants must be eligible to work in Canada, or currently in Canada on a work permit/visa. With the exception of specifically on-site roles, all roles will commence as a work-from-home arrangement. This arrangement will be revisited as COVID-19 government regulations are eased.
Please send a cover letter with your resume and application. If applying for an artistic role, please provide a link to your portfolio and/or demo reel.
If you are interested in the role, please apply even if your experience and skills don’t perfectly match our ideal credentials. We are committed to diversity and especially encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply. As an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. BBI does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.