Programmer Analyst - Front End
1 month ago
The mandate of this position is to participate in the design of business solutions and management tools for video game service and production teams. The developer is in charge of development (technical analysis, design, implementation and unit testing) and contributes to the functional analysis, integration testing and deployment of these business solutions.
What it means in a day to day scenario
- Develop and support computer applications;
- Participate in the development of the architecture and design;
- Team up with project managers for functional analysis and customer challenges;
- Be aware of business needs and the achievement of objectives at each stage of the project;
- Apply and improve internal design and programming methods;
- Evaluate the impact of proposed solutions on existing systems to ensure that they will increase productivity and collaboration between teams and studios;
- Analyze the features of the systems to ensure that they meet the needs and are reliable;
- Be on the lookout for new techniques and propose development tools;
- Plan tasks, manage risks and impacts of developments; Communicate the progress of the work with the project manager, his superiors and with the internal client;
- Diagnose and resolve technical problems in applications;
- Develop reports;
- Perform any other related tasks.
What you bring
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or equivalent).
- Experience in workplace quality assurance and customer service.
- Experience with CICD: Teamcity, Jenkins, Linux operating system; and with multiple environments:SQA, UAT, PROD.
- Basic knowledge of bugs (Jira, BugTracker), Source Control tools (e.g. Perforce, GIT), Agile methods, specifically Scrum, and the different stages of deployment (SQA, UAT, PROD).
- Master problem solving.
- Demonstrate creativity, autonomy.
- Be customer oriented.
- Master process management.
- Ability to adapt easily.
- Bilingual in written and spoken English and French.
What you send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills.
Have access to benefits that make a real difference in your day-to-day life :
- A hybrid and flexible work mode, 6 weeks of vacation in your first year, an enriched parental leave, a Ubi gym directly in our offices, a complete group insurance program, access to complete Dialogue telemedicine services, an RRSP with a contribution from Ubisoft, an advantageous bonus program, concrete measures to ensure the right to disconnect, the option of working part-time and much more. Click here for all the details.
- Joining a team of 21,000 Ubisoft employees working across more than 40 locations around the world, are boundby a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come;
- Working for an equal opportunity employer who believes that diversity of backgrounds and perspectives is essential to creating worlds where gamers and their teams can thrive and express themselves. It's about taking on exciting challenges, being at the forefront of cutting-edge technology and being part of the future of entertainment.
*Please note that the response time and analysis of applications will be longer from December 20, 2021 to January 17, 2022 due to the holidays. Please be assured that your application will be considered and that a member of the recruitment team will contact you as soon as possible. Thank you and happy holidays.
With a team of more than 500 talented, innovative and passionate creators, Ubisoft Quebec keeps on growing and continues its ascension. Founded in 2005, the studio has been involved in several key Ubisoft franchises over the years, developing cutting-edge expertise in major AAA game development. Involved in the Assassin's Creed franchise since 2010, the Quebec team assumed the leadership of Assassin's Creed Odyssey and they have just finished working on a brand new game, Immortals Fenyx Rising.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.