Programmer Analyst - Front End
9 days ago
The mandate of this position is to participate in the design of business solutions and management tools for video game service and production teams. The developer is in charge of development (technical analysis, design, implementation and unit testing) and contributes to the functional analysis, integration testing and deployment of these business solutions.
What it means in a day to day scenario
- Develop and support computer applications;
- Participate in the development of the architecture and design;
- Team up with project managers for functional analysis and customer challenges;
- Be aware of business needs and the achievement of objectives at each stage of the project;
- Apply and improve internal design and programming methods;
- Evaluate the impact of proposed solutions on existing systems to ensure that they will increase productivity and collaboration between teams and studios;
- Analyze the features of the systems to ensure that they meet the needs and are reliable;
- Be on the lookout for new techniques and propose development tools;
- Plan tasks, manage risks and impacts of developments; Communicate the progress of the work with the project manager, his superiors and with the internal client;
- Diagnose and resolve technical problems in applications;
- Develop reports;
- Perform any other related tasks.
What you bring
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or equivalent).
- Experience in workplace quality assurance and customer service.
- Experience with CICD: Teamcity, Jenkins, Linux operating system; and with multiple environments:SQA, UAT, PROD.
- Basic knowledge of bugs (Jira, BugTracker), Source Control tools (e.g. Perforce, GIT), Agile methods, specifically Scrum, and the different stages of deployment (SQA, UAT, PROD).
- Master problem solving.
- Demonstrate creativity, autonomy.
- Be customer oriented.
- Master process management.
- Ability to adapt easily.
- Bilingual in written and spoken English and French.
What you send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
Ubisoft’s 19,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are boundby a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey !
Witha team of more than 500 talented, innovative and passionate creators, Ubisoft Quebec keeps on growing and continues its ascension. Founded in 2005, the studio has been involved in several key Ubisoft franchises over the years, developing cutting-edge expertise in major AAA game development. Involved in the Assassin's Creed franchise since 2010, the Quebec team assumed the leadership of Assassin's Creed Odyssey and they have just finished working on a brand new game, Immortals Fenyx Rising.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.