Program Manager of QA Learning & Development (N. Austin - Hybrid)
14 days ago
Based in north Austin. Some hybrid allowable.
As the Program Manager of Learning & Development, you will play a pivotal role in training our quality assurance workforce. Your role will be focused on driving key learning initiatives in our QA org by working directly with senior leaders across multiple parts of our business to train our employees. Alongside our ABK learning and development group you will be involved in the full ADDIE process. You'll focus closely on activating international learning and development programs locally within your QA site, often facilitating or running the programming yourself. Examples might include the following: leadership development training, career development, onboarding, upskilling & re-skilling, skill development and/or performance coaching. You’ll work hand-in-hand with subject matter authorities and external partners to adapt ABK-aligned curriculum to meet the local needs of the QA team. You will also work with peers across our HR Performance Management and Talent ecosystem to create an integrated approach to HR initiatives within the business on a year-to-year rhythm. The ideal candidate will be able to drive strong partnerships across multiple on-site partners, activating training solutions that are right-sized and localized for them. We're leveling-up our games by leveling-up our employees!
- Align to the needs and scale of a targeted employee population, including (but not limited to) our QA, game dev studios, engineering and business teams across Activision.
- Establish relationships within your local QA site including executive leadership.
- Establish yourself as the point person for training across your designated quality assurance site
- Address learning needs and align them to global learning programs.
- Perform regular learning & performance needs analysis across designated employee populations focused specifically on aligning future skill needs to current programming.
- Work closely with internal customers to deliver relevant, cross-functional training across the enterprise.
- Identify and secure Learning and Development vendor partners and evaluate partner performance and attainment of contracted goals in alignment with business needs.
- Build and implement programming for different audiences in the quality assurance organization.
- With selected vendors, design learning and development programming and own the customization of blended learning options to support independent, classroom, and team-based instruction
- Partner with the broader learning and development team to activate skill programs focused on accelerating talent within the QA group.
Learning Program Facilitation:
- Serve as the key facilitator for developing programming for manager training, onboarding, team communication sessions, career development/feedback workshops, etc.
- Lead train-the-trainer activities as the primary program facilitator
- Train populations at scale in industry-recognized leadership programming (Examples include Mind Gym, DISC, Strength Finder, Crucial Conversations, etc.)
Learning and Development Measurement:
- Partner across Learning and Development to develop strategies that measure the value of all content within our business teams.
- Direct program effectiveness by completing activation strategies to gauge participant’s performance during key learning program, while also improving program inconsistencies and deficiencies.
- Establish tracking and measurement approach and govern report status to business unit leaders
- Lead executive updates and report-outs of L&D program health
- Create annual reports summarizing analysis and progress, as well as recommend solutions to improve efficiency, cost effectiveness, potential learning gaps and anticipated needs.
- Develop the activation plan for leadership development programming customized to the local QA team.
- Facilitate learning and leadership development programs and sessions as a core facilitator for QA.
- Build strong relationships across designated business units and teams; becoming the key point of contact for learning & development consulting or solutioning and calling out when needed.
- Conduct a site-wide training needs analysis focused on identifying learning and development needs within designated business teams.
- Activate core learning and development pieces including onboarding, goal setting, year-end conversations, and address peripheral leadership/learning needs.
Qualifications / Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 2+ years professional experience in Learning and Development at a large company, specifically in quality assurance or similar context preferred
- Expertise in scaling learning and development, especially in a corporate environment
- Career and leadership Learning facilitation experience
- Project/program management skills, with the validated ability to lead multiple, intricate programs, including project implementation, budget and partner management.
- Able to work autonomously while completing multiple priorities
- A bias toward action and problem solving in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working with learning management systems (LMS) and/or learning experience platforms preferred
Our mission, to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment has never been more significant. Through communities rooted in our video game franchises we enable hundreds of millions of people to experience joy and achievement. We enable social connections through the lens of fun, and we champion purpose and a sense of accomplishment through balanced competition. Like sport, but with greater accessibility, our players can find purpose and meaning through competitive gaming. Video games, unlike any other social or entertainment media, have the ability to break down the barriers that can inhibit tolerance and understanding. Celebrating diversity is at the core of our work-culture and ensures we can create games for players of a diverse set of backgrounds in the 190 countries our games are played.
As a member of the Fortune 500 and as a component company of the S&P 500, we have an extraordinary track record of delivering outstanding shareholder returns for over 30 years.
Our enduring franchises are some of the world’s most popular, including Call of Duty®, Crash Bandicoot™, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Hearthstone®, Diablo®, StarCraft®, Candy Crush™, Bubble Witch™, Pet Rescue™ and Farm Heroes™. Our sustained success has enabled the company to support corporate social responsibility initiatives that are directly tied to our franchises. As an example, our Call of Duty Endowment has helped find employment for over 80,000 veterans.
Learn more information about Activision Blizzard and how we engage the world through epic entertainment: www.activisionblizzard.com.
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
King is the game developer behind the world-famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top-grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 245 million monthly active users as of Q3 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid-core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications need to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com