This job might no longer be available.
7 months ago
Gearbox Software is looking for a Program Manager to join the Spark team. This is a leadership role that involves a high level of interaction with team members, peers, and development leadership. The Program Manager will be accountable for leading the Spark project management team to meet milestones and quality targets, creating and improving processes, coordinating with support departments across the company, tracking and resolving issues, and seeking out opportunities for continuous improvement in all areas. You can learn more about what Spark does here and here.
- Lead a high performing project management team with a strong culture of trust and collaboration.
- Be responsible for process improvement, creating and maintaining schedules, reporting, risk management, capacity planning, resource management, and department budgets.
- Ensure processes are optimized and executed effectively for new partnerships pre-launch, launch, and post-launch.
- Ensure the project management and development teams understand goals and manage delivery through all phases of development.
- Develop, maintain, and publish project key performance indicators (KPIs) that track project quality, delivery, and predictability.
- Establish regular communication with key stakeholders to provide project status updates.
- Track technology initiatives and projects with key stakeholders and teams.
- Communicate identified risks in advance and support execution for mitigation plans.
- Be the central point of collaboration with various teams and own cross-functional processes around upcoming innovative business projects/programs linked to sales and new business.
- Regularly collaborate outside of the core team to solve problems and share best practices.
- Ensure the team has the best organizational structure, processes, and practices that allow them to produce high quality work efficiently on time and on budget.
- Foster an engaging, fulfilling, and fun working environment.
- Develop and maintain job requirements and descriptions for all department positions.
- Balance competing priorities with product direction.
- Champion and evangelize efforts of the team throughout the organization.
- Facilitate project, department, and development team meetings as needed.
- Strong communication, mediation, and conflict resolution skills
- Able to build a strong and effective team; effective at selecting strong people
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a project, process, or product management role
- A strong understanding of schedules, pipelines, and dependencies for developing video games
- Experience creating and/or maintaining spreadsheets or schedules to forecast efforts, identify risks, and provide status updates
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity or experience with Atlassian tools (JIRA, Confluence)
- Have a strong understanding of the games industry and its products